Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
I enjoy ice climbing, rock climbing, winter mountaineering and backpacking. I prefer cold weather stuff. The colder the better. I climbed Mt Washington in January several years back. My climbing partners and I say it is easier to stay warm than to cool off. Tech gear goes a long way these days. I am hoping this comes in handy this winter for getting some good use out of the SS. We don't get too much snow down this way, so as long as the roads are clear, I plan to ride it as much as possible.

·
Registered
843 Posts
Crazy stuff i've done...
...Make an exchange for my T-Rex against a Audi TT 2008 convertible that i hated....so after 1 month i change it against a Ford Mustang GT 2012 and i sold it after 3 months because i realize a car is a car and want my T-Rex back...and lost 13,000$ with this CRAZY move...and the SS come change my plans...lol:banghead:

·
Registered
620 Posts
Lived in Bangkok Thailand for 3 months about 4 years ago , Straight up Alice going down a rabbit hole stuff . Just had to see for myself what all the hype was about .

·
Registered
436 Posts
I've made some life changing decisions on in very short time span. I quit teaching high school and took a job in the oil field. I'd had all professional jobs in last 29 years then all the sudden I was working on an oil well site. Good money but very long hours.

·
I have moved on!
2,900 Posts
Lived in Bangkok Thailand for 3 months about 4 years ago , Straight up Alice going down a rabbit hole stuff . Just had to see for myself what all the hype was about .
Ahhhhhhhhhh Adult Disneyland. I have been there several times, not for quite a few years now. I think if I tried to live there for any length of time I would never be the same again.

·
I may not be right but I can sound like it
4,542 Posts
Got drunk at the titty bar - spent all my money on lap dances - had to call wife for ride home. 25 years ago and still get it pointed out to me how lucky I am to be alive!

·
Registered
198 Posts
From about the ages of 16 to 21 I couldn't get enough of driving down gravel roads in Iowa at 120 mph. It was almost like driving on ice but throwing up long clouds of choking dust. That was on biased ply tires mind you, and probably without much tread on them.

·
Registered
198 Posts
There's nothing like coming down and flying over a runway at 250 mph, 5 feet off the ground, then hauling back on the stick and SHOOTING almost straight up in the air. Once I met a Lear Jet coming down. We missed each other by mere feet. It seemed like inchs and happened so fast there was barely time to think.

·
4,542 Posts
From about the ages of 16 to 21 I couldn't get enough of driving down gravel roads in Iowa at 120 mph. It was almost like driving on ice but throwing up long clouds of choking dust. That was on biased ply tires mind you, and probably without much tread on them.
120 on gravel roads - haven't heard that since my dad's stories about running moonshine around Hazard, Ky - Rod you da man!!!

·
Registered
675 Posts
I have a few... :rolleyes:
  • XC Ski Marathon Racer & skiied the Birke twice.
  • Rode a bicycle 1/3 way across the US in 1985, in 13 days.
  • Cliff Diving/Jumping
  • Jumped off the Gauley Bridge
  • Kayaked down a ski slope at night, at a small ski hill (Brandywine) that I lived & worked at in northern Ohio.
  • Slid down same ski hill using large trash bags.
  • Class-VI Whitewater Paddler (Class-V C1 Paddler)
  • Rode my motorcycle completely naked (wore tennis shoes for safety) through town one night, with a completely naked chick on back (she was also wearing tennis shoes for safety).
  • Grabbed the hind leg of a resting 5 1/2 foot alligator, and tickeled the bottom of it's foot. (I have pictures)
  • Outran a very pissed off alligator! (see above)
  • Shoulder fired a Barrett 82A1 and hit a 24" rifle gong at 500 yards.
  • Got some trigger time on a privately owned GE Minigun.
  • Climbed the Seneca Rocks area Via Ferrata at midnight, during a blizzard, in strong winds.
  • Spent all night partying & fishing on a 19' bay boat on Lake Ponchartrain during Hurricane Dennis.
  • 5.10b Trad leader
  • Snorted spilled Sake off of a bar, with a straw.. DO NOT DO THIS, EVER!
  • Grabbed a big gun & a friend with another big gun, and set out in search of a local mass murderer that was still at large, as soon as we heard about the shootings.
  • Jumped off of my Victory Cross Country motorcycle at 80mph on January 24th @ approximately 8:50pm.........then soft ordered my Slingshot several days later while still in ICU.

·
4,542 Posts
:)
I have a few... :rolleyes:
  • XC Ski Marathon Racer & skiied the Birke twice.
  • Rode a bicycle 1/3 way across the US in 1985, in 13 days.
  • Cliff Diving/Jumping
  • Jumped off the Gauley Bridge
  • Kayaked down a ski slope at night, at a small ski hill (Brandywine) that I lived & worked at in northern Ohio.
  • Slid down same ski hill using large trash bags.
  • Class-VI Whitewater Paddler (Class-V C1 Paddler)
  • Rode my motorcycle completely naked (wore tennis shoes for safety) through town one night, with a completely naked chick on back (she was also wearing tennis shoes for safety).
  • Grabbed the hind leg of a resting 5 1/2 foot alligator, and tickeled the bottom of it's foot. (I have pictures)
  • Outran a very pissed off alligator! (see above)
  • Shoulder fired a Barrett 82A1 and hit a 24" rifle gong at 500 yards.
  • Got some trigger time on a privately owned GE Minigun.
  • Climbed the Seneca Rocks area Via Ferrata at midnight, during a blizzard, in strong winds.
  • Spent all night partying & fishing on a 19' bay boat on Lake Ponchartrain during Hurricane Dennis.
  • 5.10b Trad leader
  • Snorted spilled Sake off of a bar, with a straw.. DO NOT DO THIS, EVER!
  • Grabbed a big gun & a friend with another big gun, and set out in search of a local mass murderer that was still at large, as soon as we heard about the shootings.
  • Jumped off of my Victory Cross Country motorcycle at 80mph on January 24th @ approximately 8:50pm.........then soft ordered my Slingshot several days later while still in ICU.
I been around the world 3 times - once on a goat - once on a boat - once on a pogo stick - I been to 2 coonass picnics and once watched 2 buzzards make love in mid air but ain't NEVER heard a story like that:):)

1 - 20 of 30 Posts