Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Coolant looked to be leaking from the hose on the tank. Inspected the hose and clamp to find they were good. Took off tank completely and found it cracked at the nipple.

Something to look for if you are losing coolant or seeing drips. You will notice this leak when it is pressurized and circulating fluid. It makes a hissing sound too at the crack.

Pics below...

·
Registered
484 Posts
Coolant looked to be leaking from the hose on the tank. Inspected the hose and clamp to find they were good. Took off tank completely and found it cracked at the nipple.

Something to look for if you are losing coolant or seeing drips. You will notice this leak when it is pressurized and circulating fluid. It makes a hissing sound too at the crack.

Pics below...

20151101_171017.jpg
20151101_171017.jpg
20151101_170955.jpg

Hey brother, mine blew out in my way to a group ride a while back. @kenny_h fixed it in the parking lot of Hooters...lol. I never replaced it, its stronger then the OEM bottle.

·
Registered
4,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
2,608 Posts

Pics below...

Probably caused by all that HP your 'Shot is generating ;););)

·
Registered
2020 Slingshot Grand Touring Chan Chew Two
785 Posts
Warranty item?

·
Registered
203 Posts
Anyone with the silicone hoses is going to have this problem over and over again. That return hose is not formed in the silicone kits I've seen and causes tension on that nipple, it has no chance. Here's what I did as a more proper FIX. Cut the nipple off, drill and tap it. Fitting is a 10mm x 1.0 o-ring/crush seal with a 7/16 barb I believe it was.

-Shawn-

Slingcoolant.jpg

1 - 10 of 10 Posts