Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys new to the forum, but lots of great information on here. Just purchased some new corbin saddle bags and I am terribly disappointed with the color match and Corbin says its right and will do nothing to help. The colors are not even close. Any suggestions?

Attachments

·
Registered
545 Posts
If you had done a simple search on either of the two main SS forums, you would have discovered that there have been a multitude of issues/problems with these bags, as well as poor to no customer service. At this juncture, you can live with them and try to tweak them so they are serviceable, or request a refund which may necessitate filing a dispute with your credit card company. They will usually back you up. Good luck!

·
Registered
164 Posts
That is definitely off on the color, did you order them through your dealer or direct? One way to resolve the issue would be to see if you can work out some sort of refund from them to cover the cost of you taking them to a shop near you and having them painted. Any good body shop should be able to match up the color much better and paint the doors for you. According to my dealer, a local body shop will paint them any color for somewhere around $300 or so but you'd have to check around you. As far as the other poster talking about the mechanical issues they have, yes...they can definitely pop open on you which is a pain but nothing else on the market really fills in the rear end of the sling and make it look so dang good. We got a set simply for that reason and know we run the risk of having them pop open but we're willing to live with that risk. You can put together a small chain with two easily opened clips and attach them on the inside so they can only pop open a couple inches until you reach your fingers in and unlock the chain. A friend of ours that also has a sling is seeing what they can come up with similar to this idea for theirs and ours.

·
Registered
589 Posts
Hey Guys new to the forum, but lots of great information on here. Just purchased some new corbin saddle bags and I am terribly disappointed with the color match and Corbin says its right and will do nothing to help. The colors are not even close. Any suggestions?
The problem I see is that the wrong paint code was used. This looks like the Fire Blue and not the Electric Blue which is two staged with a clear coat.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Yes, kind of have to agree that they used the wrong paint code. Was the order placed directly with Corbin and what color did you tell them when placing the order? The Electric blue is definitely different than the other blue colors, hopefully the poster can get it straightened out.

·
2,326 Posts
Good luck ........

As noted on their web site Corbin offers no guarantee regarding color match and also has a written no return policy so hopefully you purchased through a retailer who can lean on Corbin for some help. Otherwise Corbins usual policy is once they are purchased they are yours ... especially if they have been installed .....

Sad the company has steadily gone down hill for the last decade as he tries and tries to sell it .... seems lately the only thing worse than their quality control is their customer service .....

.... o_O

·
Registered
22 Posts
Also bought in August 2018 Corbin bags for my 2018 SLR, Electric Blue at their Osmond Bch. Florida location( Daytona).. They are expensive but greatly enhance rear and sides of the SS and add a lot of storage! Their Electric Blue was also lighter than the shade from the SS factory. I got where I like the 2 shades of blue and now consider it an option as opposed to a problem. I have been using differed shades of Blue Frosting parts) in the engine compartment and cockpit. So the slightly lighter blue fits in... Different shades of Blue work, not so much with other colors. I believe Corbin may be using the early shade of blue... Fire Blue...

They installed them in about 3 hours and even waxed my SS. They drove me to a McDs for lunch.. .Service was excellent. I then went to a Daytona Hotel for 3 days on the BCH. It rained constantly and the bags stayed dry as it rained hard every day. Drove back 300 miles to Cape Coral and again bags were dry. In Electric Blue they look great and finish off the body lines.. I also have the Sling Shade in diamond Black which is another over $3K addition, But is worth it,, would not want an SS without the Shade or the Bags., well yes I would, but they double the usability and ride time!

It appears Corbin has fixed the earlier problems and modified for the changes in the 2017/2018 SS frame.

Regards,
Viper

·
Registered
589 Posts
Also bought in August 2018 Corbin bags for my 2018 SLR, Electric Blue at their Osmond Bch. Florida location( Daytona).. They are expensive but greatly enhance rear and sides of the SS and add a lot of storage! Their Electric Blue was also lighter than the shade from the SS factory. I got where I like the 2 shades of blue and now consider it an option as opposed to a problem. I have been using differed shades of Blue Frosting parts) in the engine compartment and cockpit. So the slightly lighter blue fits in... Different shades of Blue work, not so much with other colors. I believe Corbin may be using the early shade of blue... Fire Blue...

They installed them in about 3 hours and even waxed my SS. They drove me to a McDs for lunch.. .Service was excellent. I then went to a Daytona Hotel for 3 days on the BCH. It rained constantly and the bags stayed dry as it rained hard every day. Drove back 300 miles to Cape Coral and again bags were dry. In Electric Blue they look great and finish off the body lines.. I also have the Sling Shade in diamond Black which is another over $3K addition, But is worth it,, would not want an SS without the Shade or the Bags., well yes I would, but they double the usability and ride time!

It appears Corbin has fixed the earlier problems and modified for the changes in the 2017/2018 SS frame.

Regards,
Viper
I have the 2018 Electric Blue with black Slingshade too. Could you post a pic of your bike with the bags? Does Corbin have any shame in not attempting to match up the paint? it's a very east fix to get a paint code from Polaris.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I have the 2018 Electric Blue with black Slingshade too. Could you post a pic of your bike with the bags? Does Corbin have any shame in not attempting to match up the paint? it's a very east fix to get a paint code from Polaris.
Down right now with a bad back. Have never posted pictures on this website so will have to learn that, but will do as soon as I can. Corbin said it would look good in all black as some have select that for color. Corbin did ask for me to send them a blue part from my bike for matching. I thought that was way too much trouble and a paint code match from MFG would work. In my case I like the lighter blue shade, makes my SS unique. And apply some graphics on it which in some ways it needs such as a stripe that matches the other strip forward.

Pl note with exception of the paint matching problem, all the other problems have been cured since 2017. There are new hinges, new locks, closing mechanism and gaskets so complaints pre 2017 are not valid. Just like I had no heat problems on the SS which there was in early models.. Everything has heat shielding now. The noise problems are still there, minimized with carpet kits and aligning rear wheel. Note Polaris is limited to not adding in more weight the SS as an Autocycle. I can had sound insulation around transmission.

Note some one has posted picture of Electric blue with bags and the color not matching.
Note Corbin and other dealers will install bags for free. Once you get the bags, you will be very happy, I have used one bag as a cooler...

Regards,
Viper

·
Registered
589 Posts
Down right now with a bad back. Have never posted pictures on this website so will have to learn that, but will do as soon as I can. Corbin said it would look good in all black as some have select that for color. Corbin did ask for me to send them a blue part from my bike for matching. I thought that was way too much trouble and a paint code match from MFG would work. In my case I like the lighter blue shade, makes my SS unique. And apply some graphics on it which in some ways it needs such as a stripe that matches the other strip forward.

Pl note with exception of the paint matching problem, all the other problems have been cured since 2017. There are new hinges, new locks, closing mechanism and gaskets so complaints pre 2017 are not valid. Just like I had no heat problems on the SS which there was in early models.. Everything has heat shielding now. The noise problems are still there, minimized with carpet kits and aligning rear wheel. Note Polaris is limited to not adding in more weight the SS as an Autocycle. I can had sound insulation around transmission.

Note some one has posted picture of Electric blue with bags and the color not matching.
Note Corbin and other dealers will install bags for free. Once you get the bags, you will be very happy, I have used one bag as a cooler...

Regards,
Viper
I contacted Polaris and got an email with all the paint codes and the only one not on the chart is Electric Blue. Very strange but I will get to the bottom of it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts