Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you think? Water cooled? Where is the RADIATOR? Air cooled? how does enough AIR enter to the ENGINE?
What do you THINK?

·
Registered
167 Posts
As a person living in the desert, I wonder what methods they used to test in high heat climates. I live near the old GM Proving Grounds, and no Slingshot was spotted herein.

Since it's a modern engine, I expect it to be water cooled... With an American motor, however, I reserve the right to be put back into 19th century technology.

·
You could've had a V8
2,380 Posts
According to the patent drawings it is a water cooled engine (Ecotec) with the radiator mounted in front with the airflow coming from the lowest center opening above the lowest front spoiler.

There is also a vent on the hood but it is not confirmed yet if this is functional. It appears functional in Patent figure 63.

·
Registered
167 Posts
According to the patent drawings it is a water cooled engine (Ecotec) with the radiator mounted in front with the airflow coming from the lowest center opening above the lowest front spoiler.

There is also a vent on the hood but it is not confirmed yet if this is functional. It appears functional in Patent figure 63.
This is Figure 63, where are you referring to?
Screen Shot 2014-07-27 at 1.20.51 PM.png

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Good reply's. Maybe in a short while we will all find out. THANKS for your SUPPORT.

Good Day
trikerbob

1 - 11 of 11 Posts