Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
Sorry to hear that the Fun Police are so agressive in CT.

Loved the line about going to the legislature for help. They could have just said 'When Hell freezes over'.

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
I'm just hoping that other states don't reconsider when they finally wake up to what the SS really IS...

Hmmm, I'm starting to think Polaris' strategy of keeping the SS quiet, going with minimum publicity, no mainstream publication stories, etc was not so dumb. Maybe stealth was the only way to get this thing produced.

Hope mine arrives before our fearless leaders wake up :)

·
Registered
619 Posts
The worst possible scenario would be for a rash of SS accidents. (Heaven forbid.) Then the pols could come down with force. That would be reminiscent of the three wheelers that did end-over-ends resulting in paralyzed riders and are now banned. They can still be found hiding out in barns.

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
The real question is did these other states just pass it without knowing what it is??
Let's all be honest it's a car with 1 less wheel. Not a bike with 1 extra wheel.
My guess is yes. Sometimes 'do nothing government' works for our benefit. I've rarely complained about gridlock.

·
2,333 Posts
I just want mine registered as a MC before they figure it out .............

Being in FL that should give me a good 'nother 4 or 5 years ..........

·
Registered
4,124 Posts
Very different. Texas DMV had to change 1 word. CT is asking for a new class of automobile. That will never happen.
That is a bummer. Sorry to hear they are being so difficult in CT.

Good thing you have a residence in FL!

·
Registered
330 Posts
Hmmmmm,

Lets say no to the people that want to operate a safer machine that has the same hoops and hurdles of a bike, in most states, helmet laws, separate licenses, ect.

That's real smart!
Punish the more practical route.

I could understand a 1000 hp Segway!

·
Registered
94 Posts
I agree, MrWinn - what a bunch of hypocrites! Best I can tell, CT is not a helmet-required state when on two-wheels, unless you're 16 or 17 years old on a moped. So, they'd rather you ride a crotch rocket with no ABS, no traction control and no helmet than be belted in a vehicle with roll bars, some minimal protection, and little or no chance of ejecting you in a crash. It makes me wonder if CT is an organ-harvesting municipality of NYC... ;)

At least they don't like the Morgan, either, based on their definition of a "motorcycle". I guess the CT DMV is writing their own extension to their statutes. I wish Texas had that kind of power - they have to wait for the legislature to do it!

The CT motorcycle definition:

Motorcycle - Motorcycle means a motor vehicle, with or without a side car, having not more than three wheels in contact with the ground and a saddle or seat on which the rider sits or a platform on which the rider stands and includes bicycles having a motor attached, except bicycles propelled by means of a helper motor (moped) as defined in Connecticut State Law Title 14 Sec 14-286, but does not include a vehicle having a completely or partially enclosed driver’s seat and a motor which is not in the enclosed area.

Reactions: MrWinn

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
I'm glad everyone else thinks this "safety" doublespeak is nonsense too!

Reactions: DKF Texas

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yep CT no helmets and we can drink beers in our cars while driving (not the driver himself) down the road.

But no we cant sell Slingshots and bring 100s of thousands of $ of income to dealers and the state in taxes and reg fees.

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
Yep CT no helmets and we can drink beers in our cars while driving (not the driver himself) down the road.

But no we cant sell Slingshots and bring 100s of thousands of $ of income to dealers and the state in taxes and reg fees.
Yeah, and how are those gun laws working for you? Not that I don't feel for you folks, but decades of the liberal mindset tends to turn a state into nothing but a nanny. I still believe that some things can be better served at the federal level for consistency if nothing else. Never expected a state like Texas to be problematic. Makes one wonder if the politicians aren't really aliens from another planet.
Hope you guys get it all sorted.

·
Registered
2020 Slingshot Grand Touring Chan Chew Two
781 Posts
This is typical political beauracratic BS! They all know they will be made legal eventually. They can have the DOT or whatever agency allow temporary registration and finalize it once the beauracrats get their ducks in a row.

This probably has more to do with how they can rip the customers for more money than it does with safety.

The problem is some beauracrat at DOT or some agency would have to step up and actually do something and take some responsibility! Not many leaders in our system anymore!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts