Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys,

Went into the DMV to take my motorcycle license test so I can finally get rid of this ridiculous learners permit...

They deliberated for a full hour (fast at the DMV) and finally told me that I cannot take the motorcycle test in the sling, Apparently in May the Utah state courts decided that "autocycles" only need regular drivers licenses.

As such they sent me away and have a new drivers license in the mail.

learn from my mistake, because the DMV will not refund you for the paper test or your time sitting.

·
Registered
191 Posts
hey guys,

Went into the DMV to take my motorcycle license test so I can finally get rid of this ridiculous learners permit...

They deliberated for a full hour (fast at the DMV) and finally told me that I cannot take the motorcycle test in the sling, Apparently in May the Utah state courts decided that "autocycles" only need regular drivers licenses.

As such they sent me away and have a new drivers license in the mail.

learn from my mistake, because the DMV will not refund you for the paper test or your time sitting.
That's interesting. I suggest that you get a copy of the decision, administrative ruling, act of the Utah legislature, or whatever will prove that the DMV personnel are correct. Their opinion will not satisfy a LEO who is unfamiliar with the change...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts