Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Come on POLARIS...we need some fresh INFO.

We are starting to run out of new ideas to talk about.

POLARIS...if your reading this...give us some more juice...

The most popular thread lately is about how to convince somebody's ole lady to buy in on getting a SS.
While we all have our own crosses to bear in that department, I want some concrete stuff to talk about

COME on MAN...throw us a bone

·
Registered
426 Posts
Just got off of the phone with Geico, as of right now, they are NOT offering insurance on the Slingshot, MAYBE in the future, WTF ????? Anyone else have insurance ideas, gotten quotes ???

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
Couldn't agree more.....and what? No TV commercials yet????? But most importantly get these units to the dealers so we can start putting on the miles....Git 'er done !!!
I'm not sure I want to see TV commercials yet. I want to cruise down the boulevard and make folks wonder what it is I'm driving, at least for a few months.

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
I like to keep my eye on the #HoldOnLetGo tag to keep up on any new infos, but recently it's been hijacked by a new Sam Riggs song!

·
Registered
414 Posts
I agree. I'm really ready to dive into the details. I want to know about the infotainment system, zero 60 times, top speed, etc... The analyst in me is ready to run crazy. Come on Polaris!!!

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
I played with the infotainment a bit, but I think it was a preproduction setup, so you might want to wait to see the dealership setup.
Top speed: 157 mph according to the engineers.

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
157 mph top speed? Maybe that's the theoretical top speed based on gear ratios and redline, but the SS has the aerodynamics of a parachute. It'll never get there

·
Registered
414 Posts
Let me just say, though, when you're going 60-70mph, that six speaker array in the SL comes out crystal clear.
Thanks for the information. I've been wondering a lot about infotainment center and whether it's worth the money or not. The upgraded rims are okay, windshield seems like a must, but the infotainment center seems like a luxury. I'm happy to pay the money if it's worth it, but the $4000 difference between standard and SL seems like a big jump in price. Guess I'll have to wait and see if I think it's worth it.

·
Registered
843 Posts
157 mph top speed? Maybe that's the theoretical top speed based on gear ratios and redline, but the SS has the aerodynamics of a parachute. It'll never get there
lol...and who really want to go top speed and lost is licence(QC at least)!! I am more concern by the 0-60 time!!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts