Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With open face helmets, my passenger and I can talk at low speeds, but that ability goes away quickly as our speed increases. What is the best relatively inexpensive com unit that would enable us to talk, listen to music, receive phone calls or GPS info? AND, how important is it to have a com system that includes others traveling in a group, when this is a pretty rare thing for me?

(Will there be opportunities to buy such goodies at Maggie Valley?)

·
Registered
279 Posts
Cotten,

I too have many years/miles of Cardo and Sena use.
Both brands are high quality.
I agree. Skip the cheapies.
I suggest finding your best price on a set/pair of either of these 2 brands.
I currently use a set of Cardo Q3's for me and the boss lady.

They Work great!
Webby

·
Registered
279 Posts
My understanding is Yes. But I think you have to disconnect BT from any other devices (phones, gps etc..etc) to do so. They connect to each other as BT phones.
I always have just cell phoned all my buddies on coms. Only the ole lady 's com has direct BT connect sync'd to mine.
But, Out in the middle of nowhere (no cell service)... Nice option to have.

WW

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks! I knew I could count of wise answers here. I've read that Bluetooth is being replaced by the newer Mesh technology. I can see the advantages of the new system, but since I usually don't do group rides, you guys think that Bluetooth will suffice? I mostly want to talk with my Slingshot passenger, though it might be nice to chat with others, too, on occasion.

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
We wear helmets, required or not. This time of year, a half helmet is far more comfortable that a full face. I appreciate the help!

·
Registered
53 Posts
I have had the Sena 20S and the 10s. Currently use the Cardo Packtalk. I recommend the Cardo System since it is waterproof. Unless Sena Has upgraded their systems, they are only water resistant. I ride in the rain and both Sena systems I had, failed due to not being waterproof.
I still use the Sena SM10 for my radar detector and my older Garmin GPS so I can hear them thru my comm. But it gets put in the glove-box when it rains.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Thanks! I knew I could count of wise answers here. I've read that Bluetooth is being replaced by the newer Mesh technology. I can see the advantages of the new system, but since I usually don't do group rides, you guys think that Bluetooth will suffice? I mostly want to talk with my Slingshot passenger, though it might be nice to chat with others, too, on occasion.
We have the Sena 30K which has both BT and Mesh capability. We’ve had no issues in torrential downpours and the range is not too bad using the Mesh. The one drawback to using the Mesh is it draws heavily on the battery life. If we know we’re going to be travelling with a group and using the Mesh we use auxiliary battery packs to maintain battery life

1 - 10 of 10 Posts