Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
What are the chances we'll see Slingshots start showing up at dealerships by Columbus Day? (October 13th). I'm ready to start planning my first 3 day weekend trip :)
In talking to the dealer here in the DFW area, it sounded like that would be a possibility. I think he said Polaris would be shipping the first of the month. I think we're #3 for an SL, so we may be SOL for the first wave, unless they move one from one of their other locations to ours or one of the first two drop out. Will find out tomorrow what number we really are...

·
Vendor
554 Posts
What are the chances we'll see Slingshots start showing up at dealerships by Columbus Day? (October 13th). I'm ready to start planning my first 3 day weekend trip :)
Slim to none I'm afraid, I would focus more on Halloween... :(

but you never know

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
What are the chances we'll see Slingshots start showing up at dealerships by Columbus Day?
Keep the hope alive!!!

I touched on this a little bit during the Haydays explanation.
There were two Polaris guys around the Slingshot when I got there. One was a field Rep that I spoke with first. When I posed the delivery question he said flat out middle of November. I gave him a very disappointed look and said "please tell me you didn't just say that". He said, "well that's what I know, but if you really want a good answer talk to him" and he pointed to the second gentleman in a very professional black Polaris dress shirt.
It was this second guy I spoke with the rest of the time and quoted throughout my feedback to you guys. He mentioned the under promise and over deliver date was for September and because of the whole part thing that wasn't happening.
He went on to say the end of October and after I explained that I was a forum guy looking for clear answers for the other members he than said the last two weeks of October but he always had a little smile when he said it. He did caution me about leaving wiggle room for any manufacturing problems, but that little smile has me very curious!
So keep hoping because it could happen, they have something up their sleeve or maybe I just had a booger sticking out my nose that was making him smile!:happy:

·
Registered
261 Posts
I've been thinking about some of the stuff I've seen here on the forums. It's been noted a couple times that Polaris is requiring dealers to have everything setup and ready by October 12th, and somewhere, I believe I saw something about Polaris wanting to ship the entire first round in a 2 week time frame. Putting two and two together, I'm thinking that some dealers will start receiving around mid month, the 15th, and they will stream in, finishing the first round by Halloween. That is, provided no hang ups. Seems like they might want to show off at Biketoberfest (kind of like a small bike week, still in Daytona). I would think that they would probably want some in the Florida dealerships, which would bode well for me! Keeping fingers crossed!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts