Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ordered my SL a few weeks ago and have been "creeping" around the site. So here I am, waitting like everone else. I agree with the Skid plate, Flags, and all the other good info for safety. I am an MSF instructor and have been teaching the Basic rider course since 2007. An avid dirt biker since age 11 to this day. I am looking forward to testing this bike out. I have an 08 ultra that my wife and I take trips on, 4-800 miles one way. I know she will be more comfortable and less tense riding in the slingshot. Just wanted to get on the site quick, heading to work. I see two auxillary high power lights mounted on the roll hoops for night driving. :D

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Up pikes peak for sure, it is all pavement now, so should be fun. It will be interesting to test the FI mapping. Starting at 6,400ft to 14000+. Overheat?, throttle response?, loss of HP for sure, thinking K&N breather right away for the elevation changes around here. I know my Harley pinged like crazy until I broke down and had it Dyno tuned. So does this "bike" come with a jack and lug wrench? A bottle of fix it flat? Tire plug kit? I can see run flats in the future. Slingshot future: track and drag racing, Ice racing with spiked tires would be the bomb, PPHC(pikes peak hill climb) class coming soon, Slingshot Rally America, and finally the Redbull longest Slingshot ramp to ramp jump. When we recieve our "bike", you will see our pictures on a milk carton, because we will be gone!!!!!!! Thanks for the responses, now I can stop creeping around.

·
Premium Member
1,108 Posts
Please run it up the Peak and let me know how it does. I'm considering racing it there next year and would like some intel.

The SS doesn't not have run flat tires or any sort of jack. I was thinking about keeping some sort of tire patch kit and and small compressor with me.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes my plan also, I carry a tire plug kit and small compressor in my bike. My question is, do we know if there is a Aux power outlet for the compressor? I see the runflats in the future.

PP might be my first day trip, I will let you know, weather permitting in october. We do have those 70 degree days in winter.

·
I'm huge in Japan...
1,800 Posts
I was thinking...man did @MOTO864 get another one? lol

·
Registered
227 Posts
Even though its legally considered a motorcycle you will come to find out that it feels more like your driving a car, but a lot more fun and with the ability to turn off your traction control and really burn out and do donuts lol I promise you will not regret your decision on getting a slingshot and welcome to the show!
Ordered my SL a few weeks ago and have been "creeping" around the site. So here I am, waitting like everone else. I agree with the Skid plate, Flags, and all the other good info for safety. I am an MSF instructor and have been teaching the Basic rider course since 2007. An avid dirt biker since age 11 to this day. I am looking forward to testing this bike out. I have an 08 ultra that my wife and I take trips on, 4-800 miles one way. I know she will be more comfortable and less tense riding in the slingshot. Just wanted to get on the site quick, heading to work. I see two auxillary high power lights mounted on the roll hoops for night driving. :D

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Flashback 1 year + and it has all worked out good. Pikes peak, tire kit with compressor, glitches and recalls. Still doing add ons and enjoying my SS. Our good weather is on its way and looking forward to SSITR. Thanks for the "dead thread revival" for a look back on when I was waiting for delivery.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts