Polaris Slingshot Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,
I got a great deal on a 2019 SLR but don't care for the color combination (Red and Black). Leaning towards wrapping the fenders and body but the big issue is the red swing arm, upper and lower control arms, springs and exposed frame rail(all red). Looking for suggestions on the best course of action to delete the red. Painting? Powder coating? Difficulty level in removing he swing arm?
Thanks in advance tor the input.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Hello All,
I got a great deal on a 2019 SLR but don't care for the color combination (Red and Black). Leaning towards wrapping the fenders and body but the big issue is the red swing arm, upper and lower control arms, springs and exposed frame rail(all red). Looking for suggestions on the best course of action to delete the red. Painting? Powder coating? Difficulty level in removing he swing arm?
Sell it and get one the right color?

·
Registered
5,606 Posts
Hello All,
To change the 'color' the right way you will have more money in paint than you paid for the Slingshot. Sell and spend the money to get the color you want to start with.

·
Premium Member
27 Posts
Wrapping the thing isn't a bad idea, I've seen some pics of really great wraps and knowing now what I didn't know before I bought mine, the swing arm really isn't that difficult to remove. You just have to remove everything that's attached to it first. Then, have it professionally painted or powdered, depending on what you want to spend. By the way, I absolutely love my '19 SLR and wouldn't change a thing... lol Good luck and post pics when is done!

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
There's a good chance you could find someone who would be willing to swap swingarms with you to get a red one if you're willing to do the labor. Control arms can be swapped (expensive) as well as coil springs. I can't think of any way to do the frame right other than strip it completely and powder coat it. The labor for this would be several hours each way (remove and replace) and probably not worth the hassle.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts