Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not planning on any type of forced induction, but I'm interested in the idea of a cold air intake system. Any of the aftermarket developers working on this? Thanks

Oh spit. I just saw the other thread addressing this question. Sorry for the duplicate post.

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
I'm not planning on any type of forced induction, but I'm interested in the idea of a cold air intake system. Any of the aftermarket developers working on this? Thanks

Oh spit. I just saw the other thread addressing this question. Sorry for the duplicate post.
I can't speak for him, but I'm pretty sure Hahn's Racecraft will be offering a whole lot of performance choices for the slingshot. Probably everything from cold air systems, exhaust upgrades, and the best of all, a state of the art turbo system. Stay tuned for updates relatively soon.

·
Registered
4,597 Posts
We have a prototype cold air intake ready to be tested and make adjustments so it makes max hp. Also our header is done. Our header deletes the cat and bolts to the stock exhaust. We will be on the dyno making small tweaks and squeezing as much hp as possible! Stay tuned for dyno proven performance parts!

·
Registered
4,597 Posts
And a SS header, CAT delete mid pipe, with a can that does not sound like a teenagers Civic, and a NA tune .... please...

We mocked up a few exhaust setups and its loud and it does sound like a riced up civic. So we will need to take some time to put some r&d to build a good sounding exhaust that not only makes power but sounds deep and mean and not annoying.

We have a prototype header finished on CT's SS it bolts to the factory exhaust and deletes the cat. Sounds pretty good!

·
Registered
211 Posts
And a SS header, CAT delete mid pipe, with a can that does not sound like a teenagers Civic, and a NA tune .... please...

Our Cat delete just got finished up today and the Cold air intake we have in the works very very close to being done. I 100% agree with you on the not sounding like a fart can. We have 4 setups right now to try. I want to have the F1 style sound.

Our stainless header is what we pride ourselves on. The people behind this header have made headers from everything from snowmobiles to 2000hp twin turbo outlaw cars. This header will be 2nd to none. Like they say, good things come to those who wait!

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
Our Cat delete just got finished up today and the Cold air intake we have in the works very very close to being done. I 100% agree with you on the not sounding like a fart can. We have 4 setups right now to try. I want to have the F1 style sound.

Our stainless header is what we pride ourselves on. The people behind this header have made headers from everything from snowmobiles to 2000hp twin turbo outlaw cars. This header will be 2nd to none. Like they say, good things come to those who wait!
A picture! Please! And I hope it's pretty enough that I wouldn't even THINK of putting a shield over it.

·
Registered
5,881 Posts
Its going to be tough to make an intake tube that actually flows better naturally. The turn down into the throttle body is a tight turn. I placed play dough on it and eased my hood down. it hits a plastic part on the hood that actually looks like it can be cut off. When I have time I'll investigate further. If someone else has please post here and let me know what you found out.

·
Registered
619 Posts
We have a prototype cold air intake ready to be tested and make adjustments so it makes max hp. Also our header is done. Our header deletes the cat and bolts to the stock exhaust. We will be on the dyno making small tweaks and squeezing as much hp as possible! Stay tuned for dyno proven performance parts!
I know it's asking a lot but I need 20hp more for it , I think it will pull better from 60 on with that .

·
Registered
5,881 Posts

Did you have to cut the plastic tab on the hood to get a larger tube to fit?

·
Registered
4,597 Posts
Its going to be tough to make an intake tube that actually flows better naturally. The turn down into the throttle body is a tight turn. I placed play dough on it and eased my hood down. it hits a plastic part on the hood that actually looks like it can be cut off. When I have time I'll investigate further. If someone else has please post here and let me know what you found out.
;)

·
Registered
5,881 Posts
Oh com on.....:D Just give me a hint. I didn't want to cut that piece of plastic but i will die grind the he!! out of it for my CFM.

·
Registered
5,881 Posts
I can't say much right now, but our intake will make good power and you don't have to cut anything! It will be dyno'd soon and we will post up the results.

OK, . Also don't forget to give me some info on what we were talking about. Im not out of the picture yet.

·
Vendor
2,216 Posts
The intake on this engine just screams to be updated. I can't wait to get my hands on the cold air intake system. One of my favorite sounds on a vehicle is a cold-air intake.. 2nd only to maybe a blow-off valve :)

·
Registered
4,597 Posts

Normally I would bash a inferior fabricator but ^^ is a good fabricator and welder! Between him and us you guys are in for some great parts!

1 - 20 of 51 Posts