Polaris Slingshot Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Slingshot SL, Plus 1 conversion
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a question for those of you with quad conversions. Last year we added the Plus 1, 4 wheel conversion. The kit came with rear QA1 rear coil overs. The springs are rated at 400lbs (which seems heavy to me). I want to get coil overs for the front, but don’t know what spring rate to get. What are you running on your quad kit? Any suggestions for spring rates? TIA. - Steve

·
Vendor
662 Posts
I have a question for those of you with quad conversions. Last year we added the Plus 1, 4 wheel conversion. The kit came with rear QA1 rear coil overs. The springs are rated at 400lbs (which seems heavy to me). I want to get coil overs for the front, but don’t know what spring rate to get. What are you running on your quad kit? Any suggestions for spring rates? TIA. - Steve View attachment 186676
On all of our 4 wheel kits, we typically have been using the 3 way adjustables in the front with 225# springs. In the back, we use the 400# springs with 3 way adjustables back there also. The 400# work back there because of the motion ratio and angle that they are mounted the effective rate at the wheel is much lower than 400#.

If you want a setup for your Slingshot, send me an email - [email protected] and I would be happy to get you a quote and help you out with it.

·
Vendor
662 Posts
Why would you want to go to 4 wheels ? Doesn't that defeat the whole idea of having a Slingshot ?
Not saying the 4 wheel conversion is for everyone, but it does provide better traction, more stability in the turns, better braking and definitely a lot of attention. As to if it defeats the whole idea of the Slingshot or not, well that is a personal question for everyone that modifies their Slingshot.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Why would you want to go to 4 wheels ? Doesn't that defeat the whole idea of having a Slingshot ?
????????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!???????????????????
how is this statement or question relative to the topic other than to "put down" anyone who has or is considering a quad conversion. you need to step back and look in the mirror, you may not like what you see!!

·
Registered
2019 Slingshot SL, Plus 1 conversion
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Not saying the 4 wheel conversion is for everyone, but it does provide better traction, more stability in the turns, better braking and definitely a lot of attention. As to if it defeats the whole idea of the Slingshot or not, well that is a personal question for everyone that modifies their Slingshot.
On all of our 4 wheel kits, we typically have been using the 3 way adjustables in the front with 225# springs. In the back, we use the 400# springs with 3 way adjustables back there also. The 400# work back there because of the motion ratio and angle that they are mounted the effective rate at the wheel is much lower than 400#.

If you want a setup for your Slingshot, send me an email - [email protected] and I would be happy to get you a quote and help you out with it.
Hi Dave, I sent an email last week. Whenever you have time to write up that quote. Thanks

1 - 7 of 7 Posts