Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
686 Posts
Assembly time...10 MINUTES!!o_O?

Hope i can put this thing in 2-3 minutes!!:smuggrin:
I agree, that's way too long; even 2 min is pushing it.

Maybe they're talking about the first time and some of the adjustments don't have to be repeated.

CT, please report back on how long it really takes when you get a SS.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Question? Any idea how snug the cockpit cover might fit? If installed while on an open car carrier will it be flapping around causing rub marks on the body?
I just got the cover and instructions say "Do not use with an open car carrier".

·
Registered
424 Posts
I was planning on getting the full heavy cover, but not also might like to get the cockpit cover just to keep the sun off cooking the seats when I'm on a dinner run etc. But my question is, if it is used outside and it starts to rain, will the rain puddle ontop of the cockpit area and start to sag which than will have a depression and collect more water? I only ask this because I do outside fairs and the people with the cheap tents (even thought they are pointed) eventually sag and collect water, soon the water is to heavy for the tent frames and collapses the tent. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
I was planning on getting the full heavy cover, but not also might like to get the cockpit cover just to keep the sun off cooking the seats when I'm on a dinner run etc. But my question is, if it is used outside and it starts to rain, will the rain puddle ontop of the cockpit area and start to sag which than will have a depression and collect more water? I only ask this because I do outside fairs and the people with the cheap tents (even thought they are pointed) eventually sag and collect water, soon the water is to heavy for the tent frames and collapses the tent. Any thoughts?
I have received both. Now something to put them on.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I bought he cockpit cover. Yep, it took me 10-15 min to figure it out. Next time, maybe 3-5 min, you want to get it straight and snug. Looks to me like if you get it good and snug, the rain will run off. I would not recommend using it when open towing, it'll flap and mess up your paint.
I like the soft layer inside where it is against the windshield.

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
I bought he cockpit cover. Yep, it took me 10-15 min to figure it out. Next time, maybe 3-5 min, you want to get it straight and snug. Looks to me like if you get it good and snug, the rain will run off. I would not recommend using it when open towing, it'll flap and mess up your paint.
I like the soft layer inside where it is against the windshield.
I put mine on Sat night after dark in took me about 15-20 min without reading the directions. I need to try it again in the daylight but it wasn't too bad.

·
Registered
658 Posts
My cockpit cover is easy to install once you get it around the mirrors. That's the big pain in the butt with it. Fits good otherwise.

Stephen

1 - 20 of 49 Posts