Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Vendor
5,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Over my years of riding, I've learned many tricks for cleaning and maintaining the appearance of my bikes. To some people, it's so important that they spend more time cleaning than they do riding. Some others have the mindset to wash their bike only once a year "whether it needs it or not." Some don't ride in the rain and only use expensive polishes, so that water never hits their ride. Some (like me) use a hose or pressure washer with a bucket of soap and water. I plan to do that for the slingshot but I may need to think of something different for the interior. I know it's all waterproof but I can imagine I may have a hard time rinsing out any soap as the water circles the floor drain. I'm curious to hear thoughts and opinions and what type of products people are going to use if you plan on cleaning it.......micro fiber, brushes, sponges, regular wax, lemon pledge etc.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Water and normal towel on the body. Windex for the bugs, wheels and up in fenders. This looks like even more work than the spyder. Fun either way!

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
Pressure washer to knock off loose dirt & bugs (even though the 'experts' say never to do that), mild detergent in bucket of water and soft sponge for wash, pressure washer for rinse, California Squeegee & chammy to dry, Rejex for polish & wax.

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
Water and normal towel on the body. Windex for the bugs, wheels and up in fenders. This looks like even more work than the spyder. Fun either way!
Is the windshield glass or a Plexiglas type compound? I was always told to never use Windex on my motorcycle windshields as it will pretty much ruin them. I don't know if the RZR's are the same or not.

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
Is the windshield glass or a Plexiglas type compound? I was always told to never use Windex on my motorcycle windshields as it will pretty much ruin them. I don't know if the RZR's are the same or not.
I wouldn't use any cleaners with ammonia in them.
At the rate of sounding like a salesman... Polaris has a line of cleaning products... blah blah. :smuggrin:

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
I wouldn't use any cleaners with ammonia in them.
At the rate of sounding like a salesman... Polaris has a line of cleaning products... blah blah. :smuggrin:
Do they say anything in the owners manual with a way to clean the SS? Or do they just tell you to use Polaris products........ blah blah. :smuggrin: LOL

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
Do they say anything in the owners manual with a way to clean the SS? Or do they just tell you to use Polaris products........ blah blah. :smuggrin: LOL
"CLEANING AND STORAGE" pg. 78
It's pretty basic info. But they do mention "Polaris Engineered Vehicle Care cleaning products".

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Most every plastic windscreen is either made out of polycarbonate (Lexan) or acrylic (Plexiglas). I have always used mild detergent and water. Something like Joy or Palmolive dish soap is cheap and effective.

Novus makes some good plastic cleaners and polishes (it is a St. Paul, MN based company) for those with a bigger budget for cleaning products. I tend to keep it simple with soap and water for cleaning the bulk of the vehicle and then just use tire and wheel cleaner on those respective areas (Wesley's is excellent). I like the fact that the Slingshot is very simple in the cleaning department - as apposed to an MC with tons of chrome or my most hated enemy for cleaning, laced rims.

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
I hope the windscreen is plexiglass rather than polycarbonate. Poly is stronger but virtually impossible to polish out scratches or haze. Airplane canopies are plexi for this reason.

·
Vendor
5,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Pressure washer to knock off loose dirt & bugs (even though the 'experts' say never to do that), mild detergent in bucket of water and soft sponge for wash, pressure washer for rinse, California Squeegee & chammy to dry, Rejex for polish & wax.
That's also pretty much what I do. I use microfiber on painted surfaces. Anyone else use lemon pledge for a quick shine? Been using it on my bikes for years(on and off road.) I'm not sure what I'll use on the seats because I don't really know what material it is.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts