Polaris Slingshot Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
678 Posts
Lucas cleaning products, affordable and work great. Lucas Oil 10558 Detail Kit Amazon.com: Lucas Oil 10558 Detail Kit: Automotive

Spray on and wipe off. The tire stuff works great on the rear tub, just spray on and don’t wipe. It keeps dirt from sticking.

Am told it works on they inside of the hood as well, just lay a tarp across the engine to catch drips. I haven’t needed to do this yet.

Missed your question about the windshield, use this : NOVUS PC-10 Plastic Clean & Shine... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B002UD0GFE?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

Just use a lint free cloth with it, try to keep the bugs from staying in the cloth, they can scratch it.

·
Registered
901 Posts
I use a California Duster after every ride. Takes 2 minutes. When it looks like it could use a little for a sparkle, I then use a quick detailer.
But I never wipe anything on there without the Duster first.
When I see a slight swirl in the clearcoat, I spot it with a clear coat compound. Extremely fine, and then she gets conventional auto wax.
Anyway, this works for me.

·
Registered
5,565 Posts
I use Turtle Wax Ice Car Wash. It removes bug marks and leaves the dark plastics looking nice and shiny. I also bought some Lucas SlickMist, but I haven't used it yet. Here's a general description - Lucas Oil Slick Mist is a polymer paint gloss intensifier, which can be used on other surfaces such as glass, chrome and vinyl decals. Use Slick Mist as a traditional wax, quick detail spray or spray it on your vehicle between rinsing and drying for the easiest polish job ever.Spray Cleaner/Wax/Shine, but can' remember the product specifics.

·
Registered
155 Posts
I love the Lucas products for the body & trim but I'm always looking for "thrifty" products too. For years I have been spending $$ on cleaning break dust from wheels (truck included). Recently saw a commercial about alternate uses for Dawn dish detergent on automotive wheels. So.... I gave it a try. Used a soft brush (like i did with the specific cleaners). Dish detergent worked great, maybe not as good but really close with no harsh chemicals and way, way cheaper! As often & how quickly break dust builds up dish detergent is for me.

·
Registered
678 Posts
Well thanks for all the info! I did opt for the slick mist, what one would you use on all the black plastic? Interior or tire and trim???
For the hood, I just use the exterior since i'm already using it there. For the rear tub area and the sides and lower fenders that are all black, I've been using the tire spray. I don't wipe it, just spray a good coat on it and it will last longer than you think, and stop dirt from sticking, odd as that sounds.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
For the hood, I just use the exterior since i'm already using it there. For the rear tub area and the sides and lower fenders that are all black, I've been using the tire spray. I don't wipe it, just spray a good coat on it and it will last longer than you think, and stop dirt from sticking, odd as that sounds.

Very interesting, I bought the whole kit so I’m going to try it out!

·
Registered
1 Posts
My kitchen at home started to get cluttered and I didn't know how to clean kitchen efficiently and quickly and I can advise you a couple of tips for cleaning the kitchen. Let's start with everyone's interior. First, remove crumbs from the microwave and toaster oven. Run a cycle of vinegar through the coffee maker to remove mineral residue. You don't need to spend too much time cleaning the outside of the appliances, as the steam will do the bulk of the work.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts