Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
@wayne, so it's getting closer to the end of the riding season in the north country here and I've removed the canvas top as it's not really needed for riding at the moment to catch what warming sun rays there are.

What's the best way to clean the canvas of the embedded dirt, bugs and road grime that I see on it?
Any need to treat with anything after cleaning?

Additionally, will we be able to order replacement velcro for the tubing? I have some the has peeled off in places and no longer wants to stay adhered.

·
Registered
210 Posts
I just wash mine when I clean the SS and once I sprayed with West Marine's "All fabric waterproofing". It contains UV protection. I will do this once a year. Bottle should last for 4/5 applications. I do a light spray and then rub it in with my hand. Less waste and really gets into the fabric.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
The weak velcro has plagued my top as well. But wayne sent out replacements and it has been fine so far. Now with the announcement of the new top. I am hoping there will possibly be an option to trade. I would rather have a solid top over a canvas top.

·
2,333 Posts
@wayne, so it's getting closer to the end of the riding season in the north country here and I've removed the canvas top as it's not really needed for riding at the moment to catch what warming sun rays there are.

What's the best way to clean the canvas of the embedded dirt, bugs and road grime that I see on it?
Any need to treat with anything after cleaning?

Additionally, will we be able to order replacement velcro for the tubing? I have some the has peeled off in places and no longer wants to stay adhered.
Might want to tag him in your post ....whoops, already tried that.....maybe if you ask him through his sites contact page....no that doesn't work.......maybe e-mail him using his personal address...well.. that doesn't get questions answered either....might try a PM ..... hmm no response ..... what is it about some vendors ......

In the mean time after trying many, for a protectant this has always worked best for me in the FL sun and rain .....

http://www.amazon.com/Porsche-Cabriolet-Top-Protectant-Waterproofer/dp/B008VY1IWQ/ref=pd_sbs_263_18?ie=UTF8&dpID=31RLYDIe60L&dpSrc=sims&preST=_AC_UL160_SR160,160_&refRID=0PNWVTK44YTJ5E0ZXJES

·
Registered
1,192 Posts

Might want to tag him in your post ....whoops, already tried that.....maybe if you ask him through his sites contact page....no that doesn't work.......maybe e-mail him using his personal address...well.. that doesn't get questions answered either....might try a PM ..... hmm no response ..... what is it about some vendors ......

In the mean time after trying many, for a protectant this has always worked best for me in the FL sun and rain .....

http://www.amazon.com/Porsche-Cabriolet-Top-Protectant-Waterproofer/dp/B008VY1IWQ/ref=pd_sbs_263_18?ie=UTF8&dpID=31RLYDIe60L&dpSrc=sims&preST=_AC_UL160_SR160,160_&refRID=0PNWVTK44YTJ5E0ZXJES

I also, have been having a hard time reaching him. So I went straight to their website and used the "Contact Us" page and finally got a response. It seems his email address may have changed or something.

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No problem announcing the new top! Too busy for this i guess. I appreciate the suggestions.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts