Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone! I am Chris and I picked up a red Polaris Slingshot SL on 12/31/2014 and put 77 miles on it thus far in freezing cold temps. I know this does not exactly count as a motorcycle to most people but I for one am really excited to have a bike again. I had a bulging disk in my neck that has been operated on twice in the last 2 years and its been 4 years since I have been able to ride a motorcycle due to discomfort. I look forward to the trips to Dunkin Donuts, hanging with friends and taking trips to just about everywhere!

About Me:
I live in Billerica, MA
I am 30 years old
I work in the computer field
I grew up riding dirt bikes/mopeds/skooters/etc
I got my first motorcycle when I was 12 - Yamaha Virago 750
I have owned Suzuki GSXR 750/GSXR 1000/Intruder 800/ Yamaha R1/Harley Davidson Sportster 1200

About my ride:
Stock Polaris Slingshot SL in red currently
I plan to do something about the breaks, brembo's maybe? I really don't like the breaks - feels inadequate
The back tire is just breaking lose constantly, its really cold at 30 degrees F but I still feel it should grip more. Might tackle this also.

Anyone else live in Northern MA/Southern NH and looking to turn some heads together????

·
Registered
231 Posts
Hello everyone! I am Chris and I picked up a red Polaris Slingshot SL on 12/31/2014 and put 77 miles on it thus far in freezing cold temps. I know this does not exactly count as a motorcycle to most people but I for one am really excited to have a bike again. I had a bulging disk in my neck that has been operated on twice in the last 2 years and its been 4 years since I have been able to ride a motorcycle due to discomfort. I look forward to the trips to Dunkin Donuts, hanging with friends and taking trips to just about everywhere!

About Me:
I live in Billerica, MA
I am 30 years old
I have owned Suzuki GSXR 750/GSXR 1000/Intruder 800/ Yamaha R1/Harley Davidson Sportster 1200

About my ride:
I plan to do something about the breaks, brembo's maybe? I really don't like the breaks - feels inadequate
The back tire is just breaking lose constantly, its really cold at 30 degrees F but I still feel it should grip more. Might tackle this also.

Anyone else live in Northern MA/Southern NH and looking to turn some heads together????
The brakes are not power assisted as most late model cars. You just have to push harder on the pedal. They are however ABS (anti lock brake system) which may be what you are feeling when the back tire breaks loose. They are just doing their job on the slippery surface of ice and snow. In the owners manuel it discusses how Polaris tested the brakes and decided that the Slingshot handled better without power brakes. If you still believe you need power brakes it shouldn't be to hard to install a brake booster on the SS. You Would have to talk to someone that has more knowledge than me about which brake booster or master cylinder, booster unit will fit.

·
Vendor
5,411 Posts

About Me:
I live in Billerica, MA
I am 30 years old

About my ride:

Congrats Chris, glad to have you on the forum.:) Thanks for the feedback.

·
Registered
480 Posts
I live in Groveland mass. I have a deposit down, just working out the details. Can't wait. I've had a few bikes and sports cars, but haven't had one in a few years. This thing is both!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts