Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey all.
New to the board and looking to learn as much as I can about the Slingshot as I can and hopefully get to know some owners from the area. My Name is Chris. From Chicago (now just a little South). Anesthesia provider. Easy going, all types of interests, love cars, motorcycles, firearms, jig jitsu, music, music equipment, tattoos, list goes on. HAHA this is starting to sound like a dating site profile, ok lets stop. Hope people are willing to share and get together. Where did you guys purchase from around Chicago? Take it easy.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks again contact. If I could come close to the acceleration of the Ariel Atom, hopefully, at a fraction of the cost. I'm in... REALLY, don't want to spend that much. Not sure of what hoops you must jump through to have a road legal Atom in Illinois either. Sure, I've ridden bikes forever. But, the comfort of a side by side arrangement is very enticing to doing things I enjoy with the Mrs...

·
Registered
16 Posts
Welcome, we've been contemplating get a trike for some time now, but the side by side seating on the Slingshot is what sold it for us.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Welcome.

It's a hike, but head to Woodstock Powersports in Woodstock. They have a grey base and red SL model (base is demo, SL is customer). Will allow you to gauge it. The vehicle is much bigger in person. I have a friend with an Atom (did the clever Montana registration thing). The SS is MUCH bigger. The Atom will also have a much different feel in that a) it weighs 400 pounds less, b) is smaller, c) is rear engine and d) has 4 wheels.

That said, it will give the same vibe. It put the SS in a similar category (with a liberal definition of the rules) as an Atom, X Bow, Morgan Three Wheeler, Exocet, etc. Now, keep in mind that it's heavier then all of those vehicles, but also a fraction of the cost. A Morgan is $55K. XBow can be $80K.

For me, I can't see another car - yes, I'm calling it a car - that will give the same vibe for $20K.

·
Registered
619 Posts
Ever get down in Southern Illinois let me know Baron . All the State parks down this way look like Slingshot race tracks.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts