Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Vendor
550 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For the first time, Units are popping up on my dealer inventory locator...

Currently I'm showing base models in CO only and SS in CO, FL, NE, OK, SD, WA, AND WY

This does not necessarily mean they are on the ground, but it does mean serials are starting to be assigned as units ship...

upload_2014-11-15_10-38-22.png

upload_2014-11-15_10-39-7.png

·
Vendor
550 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It is weird how certain states and areas are getting them and others no word?
It could be as simple as the paperwork order... as units are ready to ship serial numbers are assigned and are loaded into the system. This sometimes happens days before or days after the units are actually in route, at least this is how it works on the ORV side.

·
Registered
349 Posts
:):)
It could be as simple as the paperwork order... as units are ready to ship serial numbers are assigned and are loaded into the system. This sometimes happens days before or days after the units are actually in route, at least this is how it works on the ORV side.
Yea I understand that, I have been in the car business for 26 years and dealt with a lot of releases, orders..... just anxious like everyone else. I am driving my wife nuts!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Odd, my dealer just called me and said they weren't receiving any until mid January.....and they are made here in Iowa. They have to transport them right by my house to go south. :(
PART_1416064283485_1115140910.jpg

·
ALPHA - Home of the V8 Slingshot
3,162 Posts
That reads like its talking about new dealers, mine already as all that display case installed.

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
TLC where in Iowa are you? I'm in iowa as well, and this seems very unusual and different than most I've seen before.

·
Registered
557 Posts
I concur with Wingshot; definitely appears to be for a new dealer who was not in the initial fax.

·
Registered
619 Posts
Let us all hope that Polaris continues to vet new Johnny Come Lately dealers so that service standards continue to be met post purchase. The SS hits the road and every back yard dealer will want to jump on board. It does cost a considerable amount to be a dealer so maybe that will screen out the greedy speculators.
Polaris has the ability to carefully control their franchise....and better!

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
They didn't screen out ALL the greedy speculators. 'My' dealer tried to add on $400.00 for ADP, and that was AFTER $1400.00 in shipping and dealer prep.

And he still isn't talking to me. Maybe that's what the extra $400 was for:confused:

·
Registered
20 Posts
TLC where in Iowa are you? I'm in iowa as well, and this seems very unusual and different than most I've seen before.
I'm in Des Moines. Dealer is in Mason City. He has had his display up for awhile and says he signed up early...baffling.
Or should I say frustrating...

·
Vendor
550 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Odd, my dealer just called me and said they weren't receiving any until mid January.....and they are made here in Iowa. They have to transport them right by my house to go south. :( View attachment 2348
This is true, a good number of dealerships will not be receiving product till January.. Polaris has classified dealers into 2 tiers. Tier 1 dealers are getting product now, tier 2 in January. The tier system is based on the date dealer contracts are signed... its a real crappy way to handle things imo...

·
Registered
557 Posts
It's strange that Polaris did not say there was a TIER delivery system in effect; only that the date of deliveries were between 12-16 Nov. Where did the classification into TIERs come from? I guess I missed that memo.

·
Vendor
550 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
It's strange that Polaris did not say there was a TIER delivery system in effect; only that the date of deliveries were between 12-16 Nov. Where did the classification into TIERs come from? I guess I missed that memo.
Polaris didn't make this decision until about 2 weeks ago...

I signed my contract 3 days late and have been placed in this category, as you suspect I am not very happy about this... however, what can I do? :(

·
You could've had a V8
2,360 Posts
Is this related to the dealers that were already signed up vs. the ones that signed up after they were announced at the dealer show?

·
Vendor
550 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Is this related to the dealers that were already signed up vs. the ones that signed up after they were announced at the dealer show?
This is correct... I was offered to sign early before the show with everyone else but Polaris would not show me pricing or any other details that would be extremely important to know if this would be a good business decision or not... thus I waited to see one in person and read the programs before signing the contract. For this lack of blind faith, this is the penalty I guess.

The thing that drives me nuts is not knowing this would happen prior to communicating with customers... Because this now becomes a reflection of me when I am providing inaccurate information. It's not that bad here in Michigan because most of my customers are not riding till spring, but still... its the principal of the matter.

·
ALPHA - Home of the V8 Slingshot
3,162 Posts
Thanks for the update Chris, I just txt my dealer and he said he was tier 1, so I guess im still in it.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts