Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
410 Posts
Another good video. I'm with you, they gave her a dorky looking helment but no eye protection. Maybe it's a TV thing about eye contact.

Hope Polaris' definition of "really, really fast...crazy fast" is the same as mine. :)

·
Registered
839 Posts
Another good video. I'm with you, they gave her a dorky looking helment but no eye protection. Maybe it's a TV thing about eye contact.

Hope Polaris' definition of "really, really fast...crazy fast" is the same as mine. :)
lol...
I just have a small reserve when he says: Fast than anybody should want to go...
Oh yeah...as fast as 0-60 in 5.0 sec?...Oh we don't know...you don't tell us!!:wacky:

·
Registered
180 Posts
I've seen that video. But thanks for sharing!!!
I have come to find with my racing and track experience.
What my version of fast and others version of fast is
totally different. Just sold my 13' Evo yesterday. Though
I don't expect it to handle like it. With being AWD, and having 4 wheels.
But I do expect is to corner carve well. I think it will. I can't wait to
try it out!

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Minnesota doesn't have a helmet law, and you only need eye protection if you ride without an approved "windscreen", the windshield on the SS would qualify. My brother got out of a "no eye protection" ticket on is GSXR-750 because the owners manual refers to the little windshield as a "protective windscreen".

You would be stupid to ride any crotch rocket without eye protection, but in all fairness my brother was at a stoplight , flipped his glasses up on his forward to talk to someone next to him and the officer pulled him over because he didn't lower them until he crossed the intersection.

·
Registered
210 Posts
sales pitching how "crazy fast" it is without talking the actual numbers is because you don't know your product or don't want people to know your product. It drives me nuts.

I consider this is going to be akin to the mustang release. People expect weight reduction. Ford talks about how much effort went into makes parts lighter. Rumors start to swirl that its a porker and then the numbers leak out and it didnt gain "that much" and everyone is okay with the final product.

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
sales pitching how "crazy fast" it is without talking the actual numbers is because you don't know your product or don't want people to know your product. It drives me nuts.
I remember reading or watching a video with the Polaris Rep talking about this, I can't seem to find it right now.
Basically Polaris says the reason for not sharing the 0-60 or top speed numbers are that they don't want it to be about the "numbers". They claim the Slingshot is unlike anything you have ever experienced and the numbers won't matter. By the reaction of this reporter and everyone else that seems to ride in a Slingshot I am really starting to believe them. The reporters says " I don't know if I've ever felt so alive", that is a pretty amazing reaction! Or her husband really sucks....;)

·
Registered
839 Posts
I remember reading or watching a video with the Polaris Rep talking about this, I can't seem to find it right now.
Basically Polaris says the reason for not sharing the 0-60 or top speed numbers are that they don't want it to be about the "numbers". They claim the Slingshot is unlike anything you have ever experienced and the numbers won't matter. By the reaction of this reporter and everyone else that seems to ride in a Slingshot I am really starting to believe them. The reporters says " I don't know if I've ever felt so alive", that is a pretty amazing reaction! Or her husband really sucks....;)
It is certain that this will be an amazing experience for those who have never had this type of vehicle and the journalist seems to be a little lady who has never had this kind of experience on a track before that day!

So her reaction to it is normal! But for someone like me who had a T-Rex or others here who have had convertible Corvettes and other cars of its kind, the experience will not be felt in the same way that the young lady!
So the only way to know how will be the SS is to have in the hands because I remain cautious on why Polaris is hiding the numbers ... it's unusual that a company do that and i don't think it's a good sign! But the good thing i still don't care about 0-60 result! I don't buy it for race anyway!;)

·
Registered
210 Posts
I agree feel will be the ultimate driver. I am not a paper stat buyer as I bought a miata over a mustang gt and we all know which is faster both in the straights and round a track. I just dont want to eventually finding myself putting the pedal to the floor and going "man, i wish i had more power" which is something that eventually happened in the miata as it aged.

·
Registered
839 Posts
I agree feel will be the ultimate driver. I am not a paper stat buyer as I bought a miata over a mustang gt and we all know which is faster both in the straights and round a track. I just dont want to eventually finding myself putting the pedal to the floor and going "man, i wish i had more power" which is something that eventually happened in the miata as it aged.
There's always got a situation where you think: I wish I had more power ... even in a T-Rex I made this reflection! lol

We always want more!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts