Polaris Slingshot Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2016.5 SL LE Pearl White
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the knock sensor engine light, that doesn't auto reset itself after the repair is made. The closest dealer is too far to drive in 100 degree weather and pay them the min hr $134 of labor. Has someone finally made a consumer tool or a cheap knock off? If not can any Polaris (NON SLINGSHOT) dealership reset it or is the tool specific to the Slingshot. This is seriously such a joke.

Reactions: EjFord

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
If not can any Polaris (NON SLINGSHOT) dealership reset it or is the tool specific to the Slingshot.
It is our experience that only Polaris dealers that sell the SlingShot will do any business concerning the SlingShot, including ordering parts, which is really too bad!

You must have replaced the knock sensor yourself?

Bill

·
Registered
2016.5 SL LE Pearl White
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It is our experience that only Polaris dealers that sell the SlingShot will do any business concerning the SlingShot, including ordering parts, which is really too bad!

You must have replaced the knock sensor yourself?

Bill
Thanks Bill, yes I did. Looks like I'll be driving in this heat wave.

Reactions: EjFord

·
Registered
87 Posts
Thanks Bill, yes I did. Looks like I'll be driving in this heat wave.
My knock sensor failed 4 years ago. I got it reset a few times, but it always came back in a few weeks. I bought a new one, but getting it installed was going to be expensive, so I gave up. The error code has been on for 3 years now with no problem. As long as you use 92+ octane gas and don’t drive like a maniac, there really isn’t anything to worry about. Also, check the codes once in a while to be sure another code hasn’t been added.

·
Registered
2016.5 SL LE Pearl White
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My knock sensor failed 4 years ago. I got it reset a few times, but it always came back in a few weeks. I bought a new one, but getting it installed was going to be expensive, so I gave up. The error code has been on for 3 years now with no problem. As long as you use 92+ octane gas and don’t drive like a maniac, there really isn’t anything to worry about. Also, check the codes once in a while to be sure another code hasn’t been added.
That's good to know it can be drove on! I ended up taking it to the dealership $89 labor $35 part.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Polaris has them in stock again....just replaced mine......easy 8 minute job using 13mm rat het and couple of extensions. No need to pull intake.....extensions fit fed through driver wheel well, under master cylinder and over starter....hand reach from underneath to unplug and start replacement bolt....dealer reset CEL for free in 5 minutes.....
.hasnt recurred in last 300 or so miles. Around 30 bucks for sensor which polaris shipped in about a week via ups.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts