Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
image.jpg
Anyone know what the following code means? The display said CK ENGINE as I was scrolling through the menu on the dash. It didn't run any different, and the code and message was gone as soon as I shut it off and restarted it.
To get the code, I held down the button on the center dash area just like resetting the trip odometer.
Code is 0520230. As you can see it only had 31 miles on it at the time.
Thanks,
Stephen

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was thinking I might had tried to start it too soon after tuning the key. I never would have seen it if I wasn't just fueling up and resetting the trip meters and avg/mpg. Btw it showed 30 mpg running down the highway varying between 45-65 mph depending on the small towns I came to.

Stephen

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
View attachment 3075 Anyone know what the following code means? The display said CK ENGINE as I was scrolling through the menu on the dash. It didn't run any different, and the code and message was gone as soon as I shut it off and restarted it.
To get the code, I held down the button on the center dash area just like resetting the trip odometer.
Code is 0520230. As you can see it only had 31 miles on it at the time.
Thanks,
Stephen
This is the same code that displayed on the on the dealers SS last night!!!!!

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
That's odd, the trouble code list doesn't provide a diagnostic for 520230. There is 520229 and 520231, but no -30. It falls in the range of an error in the Electric Power-Assisted Steering codes.

Reactions: WI_Hedgehog

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
That's odd, the trouble code list doesn't provide a diagnostic for 520230. There is 520229 and 520231, but no -30. It falls in the range of an error in the Electric Power-Assisted Steering codes.
Kip , I saw the same code last night, when we started the engine in the showroom of our dealer.... Can you tell me what the code says? How to repair, diagnostic, etc....

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
Kip , I saw the same code last night, when we started the engine in the showroom of our dealer.... Can you tell me what the code says? How to repair, diagnostic, etc....
That's the problem, Mike. There is no specific code for that set. Just a range between two other numbers, which produce different diagnostics.

Reactions: WI_Hedgehog

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
That's the problem, Mike. There is no specific code for that set. Just a range between two other numbers, which produce different diagnostics.
You can actually see that the code before starting the engine....is that normal?

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
You can actually see that the code before starting the engine....is that normal?
If it does not cause you trouble or only happens a few times, it may not be an issue, but at this point just about everyone's Slingshot is under warranty, so call ahead and see if there is a trouble diagnostic your service center can provide with Digital Wrench to look deeper into the problem.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Read my post "first SS to summit pikes peak" I think the answer to your check engine light is the same I posted. I also had a check engine light but no code.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Same has happened to me twice. And the 31 is not the mileage at the bottom. I took this pic when I had 400 miles on mine. One time mine stayed on after stopping and restarting. However, holding the button down cleared it.
image.jpg

·
Registered
127 Posts
Mine did this too and I noticed it happens when you turn the key all the way forward to the acc position and then back to run and start the SS. I fixed it by just shutting off the key then turning it back on and starting then I never get the code.

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
Read my post "first SS to summit pikes peak" I think the answer to your check engine light is the same I posted. I also had a check engine light but no code.
I don't know what this code means but my SxS ATV (BRP) gives me a check engine light and message saying to service engine soon whenever I run it above 5000 feet at full throttle. Machine runs fine, have over 1000 miles but dealer is a LONG way away from me. I'm just ignoring it for now, think the cause is that the ECU sees low manifold pressure with wide open throttle (because of the high altitude) and thinks something is wrong, like a clogged air filter for instance.

I'm guessing this SS error code is a similar thing.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Mine did this too and I noticed it happens when you turn the key all the way forward to the acc position and then back to run and start the SS. I fixed it by just shutting off the key then turning it back on and starting then I never get the code.
I was punching the mode button at a stop light to check MPG and the CHK ENGINE text popped up. The check engine symbol was not illuminated. I read the manual to figure out how to retrieve the 0520230 code (with the 31 under it).

I can confirm I had turned the key to the ACC position before starting the engine on this trip. It is reproducible each time I turn the key to ACC before starting and clears if you turn the engine off.

I can't think of any reason to use the ACC position on a Base model, so I'll just remember if I do turn the key to ACC, I will turn it all the way off before starting.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I just experienced the same code - I also noticed that I had a NULL spot in the steering. About a 1/4 inch of steering wheel travel , either way, produced nothing. Then after the 1/4 inch of steering wheel travel, the wheels would start to steer. A little unnerving however, not "that" uncontrollable. Stopped for gas, and after engine restart, the code was gone and steering functioned normal. _ Just notified dealer.

·
Registered
573 Posts
I was punching the mode button at a stop light to check MPG and the CHK ENGINE text popped up. The check engine symbol was not illuminated. I read the manual to figure out how to retrieve the 0520230 code (with the 31 under it).

I can confirm I had turned the key to the ACC position before starting the engine on this trip. It is reproducible each time I turn the key to ACC before starting and clears if you turn the engine off.

I can't think of any reason to use the ACC position on a Base model, so I'll just remember if I do turn the key to ACC, I will turn it all the way off before starting.
Mine does the same thing when using the ACC position.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Just got this code this morning, didn't pay attention if I put it in the ACC position or not, left it at home so guess I'll have to check it when I get home. Frustrating.

·
May be Addressed as "Madame HRMiracle"
495 Posts

I'm renaming this code the "Picnic Code" ... I went for a drive past Mr. George Washington's crib which happens to be situated on a gorgeous parkway named in his honor. Anyways, the shelfy Slingshot makes for a great picnic table when immobile and I figured I'd stop at one of the scenic pull-offs and get down on some delish grub. Since I paid for the OEM sh*t speakers, I figured I'd attempt to get my money out of them by playing Tay Tay Swift's latest whilst enjoying my bag of Elf Double Stuff cookies (yum) - I'm gettin' a head start on my "summer bod" ... Anyways, after a 458 Italia gave me the blow by (gotta love that government money), I figured I'd overstayed my welcome and began the treacherous journey home to battle soccer moms on 95 (don't underestimate the Minivan piloted by a mother of 4 spoiled brats). On the way back I realized that my fuel tank was thirstier than @Tripod on a Friday night, so I checked my "range" (you know - that made up number that makes you feel like you have 60 miles but suddenly just starts flashing the words "you f*cked"? yeah. That one.) and saw the always-talked-about "extra Polaris engine mod" entitled "Check Engine" with the fancy code 0520530 (and a little 31 just to f*ck with you). Whaaaaaaa... D*mnit George Washington! You cursed my Slingshot! But haste - SlingShotForums.com to the rescue with a quick Google Search at a stoplight. Ahhhh... ok, so the engine says you need to check it when you have it turned off and are just listening to music. Some more of that good o'l Polaris engineering I see.

So there - Picnic Code.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Just got this code this morning, didn't pay attention if I put it in the ACC position or not, left it at home so guess I'll have to check it when I get home. Frustrating.
What did u do to fix it? Restarted me engine 30 times and still has all lights on and no power steering

1 - 20 of 20 Posts