Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked my baby up day ( I will write my awesome review in another post, but I'm a Rock Star)............... I guess at some point during my 81 my journey I threw a check engine code......

The check engine light did not light up on my dash, but when I was scrolling through the trip meters/ect... I saw a check engine message

I held down the mode button on the check engine message and this code appeared......... Anybody have a book or could tell me what this means ???????? It has a #31 under it, so maybe that is the mileage that it happened ( I now have 81 miles total).

slingshot code.jpg

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
View attachment 3075 Anyone know what the following code means? The display said CK ENGINE as I was scrolling through the menu on the dash. It didn't run any different, and the code and message was gone as soon as I shut it off and restarted it.
To get the code, I held down the button on the center dash area just like resetting the trip odometer.
Code is 0520230. As you can see it only had 31 miles on it at the time.
Thanks,
Stephen
Strange 31 miles as well.

http://www.slingshotforums.com/threads/check-engine-display.1635/

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So Kip say's there is no code for this ??????? It definitely is not a coincidence then since it happened on more than one SS......... Is there a number where I can contact Polaris to let them know some of us are getting this messege ???????

Should I take it back to my dealer so he can document it with the mother ship ?????

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
So Kip say's there is no code for this ??????? It definitely is not a coincidence then since it happened on more than one SS......... Is there a number where I can contact Polaris to let them know some of us are getting this messege ???????

Should I take it back to my dealer so he can document it with the mother ship ?????
I would at least call the dealer and see what he recommends, that way you are covered if he says keep driving and something bad happens. Just remember to get the name of the person you talk to and the time and date you talked to them...just an idea.

·
Registered
891 Posts
Picked my baby up day ( I will write my awesome review in another post, but I'm a Rock Star)............... I guess at some point during my 81 my journey I threw a check engine code......

The check engine light did not light up on my dash, but when I was scrolling through the trip meters/ect... I saw a check engine message

I held down the mode button on the check engine message and this code appeared......... Anybody have a book or could tell me what this means ???????? It has a #31 under it, so maybe that is the mileage that it happened ( I now have 81 miles total).

View attachment 3691
This code means take the bus again :)

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
Definitely something to do with EAPS, and I checked with Polaris, the loose wiring plug is a known issue.

I'm thinking about scanning through some Victory or Ranger service manuals to see if that code is programmed in there.

Reactions: arntufun

·
Registered
658 Posts
That original post was mine and it has never came back on again after shutting it off and restarting it. Not sure if I hit the start button early or what happened, but it ran fine with no issues while it was on.

Stephen

·
Registered
78 Posts
My slingshot has thrown this colde over 10 times. My slingshot is also getting towed 50 miles to my dealership because I almost rear ended somebody with the surging issue. I'd like to think I'm better than the normal driver with my race experience. However, when you aren't expecting it, makes you pay attention real fast.

Issues so far. Black coming off seat, check engine code, rpm's hanging and surging, almost stalling every time I come to a stop. But I still love it.

·
Registered
55 Posts
My slingshot has thrown this colde over 10 times. My slingshot is also getting towed 50 miles to my dealership because I almost rear ended somebody with the surging issue. I'd like to think I'm better than the normal driver with my race experience. However, when you aren't expecting it, makes you pay attention real fast.

Issues so far. Black coming off seat, check engine code, rpm's hanging and surging, almost stalling every time I come to a stop. But I still love it.
Black is coming off the seat???? I don't understand. Could u explain the surging issue please

·
Registered
891 Posts

I have the same problem rpm hanging and surging

·
Registered
78 Posts
Zeppelin, in another post, I posted a pic and explained. The seats seem to be a rubber coated foam and the black part is flaking off. The post had something in the title about red coming off seat. My dealer saw it and said Polaris needs to replace it, that it's unacceptable. We shall see what happens.

·
Registered
28 Posts

View attachment 3691
So I'm having the same problem but my back up camera will not turn on when put in reverse abs light service engine light but the dealer said they plug it it and the ecu will not tell the comp anything

·
Registered
28 Posts
So I'm having the same problem but my back up camera will not turn on when put in reverse abs light service engine light but the dealer said they plug it it and the ecu will not tell the comp anything
And I still have not driven the thing yet or even turned the key starting to think that it is a big mess

·
Registered
78 Posts
I spoke with Polaris today and they said they didn't have the code listed. I'll let you know what I find out, when they tell me.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts