Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 322 Posts

·
Registered
428 Posts
I live in Central Illinois but was hoping to take delivery on Oct. 1. Then come down to Central Florida around Dec 15 thru 30. The problem is I have a trailer, but when I read the specs of the SS it said something like 77" wide and that will not fit on my trailer. I can't drive it down because it usually snows by that time in Illinois. So now I am bummed out. Either I have to find some one to borrow a larger trailer, or leave the SS behind. email my you info in case I can get it down. Any other thoughts on transportation?

·
Registered
98 Posts
Central Florida rider here. I'd like to be a SS owner but reading how dealers might be adding bogus "charges" I may sit on the sidelines for a bit. I read one dealership was going to charge $3k for "delivery". Not in central Florida but it was an eye-opener on what may be coming....

·
Registered
14 Posts
Central Florida rider here. I'd like to be a SS owner but reading how dealers might be adding bogus "charges" I may sit on the sidelines for a bit. I read one dealership was going to charge $3k for "delivery". Not in central Florida but it was an eye-opener on what may be coming....
I located a dealer who seems to be honest. He wants a $500 deposit that can not be sold or transferred to anyone else but is only charging MSRP for the vehicle. No dealer prep, no dealer fee or freight charge. The only add ons would be title , registration and sales tax for those residing in Florida. I'd be happy to pass on the dealers name once I get my order in.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I located a dealer who seems to be honest. He wants a $500 deposit that can not be sold or transferred to anyone else but is only charging MSRP for the vehicle. No dealer prep, no dealer fee or freight charge. The only add ons would be title , registration and sales tax for those residing in Florida. I'd be happy to pass on the dealers name once I get my order in.
I also live in central florida, please pass on your dealer's name.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Practices like this ruin it for so many people, Dodge dealers will be doing worse when the Hellcat is available

·
Registered
98 Posts
Please post who this is. If not, send me a private message.

I was talking with one local dealership and they wanted $1,000 as a deposit which was non-refundable. Ummmm.... no thanks. Non-refundable? I would only consider a non-refundable deposit if (1) I actually saw the SS in person and (2) was able to test ride it. Only then would I give a non-refundable deposit.

However, I think the SS for me is going to be the Base with some accessories (infotainment and windshield). So more than likely, my SS will have to be special ordered.

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Put down $500 last Tuesday on a SL at Victory Best Buy Vehicle in Ft Pierce, FL. No transportation cost and no set -up fee. Price is $23,999 plus state sales tax and state tag cost. No additional cost. Honest dealer and great place to do business. I am number 5 on his reservation list. He stated my position of #5 should be received before year end. Informed that each dealer will receive 2 SL's and one base unit. Only one SL is going to be sold out of his first delivery the other SL and the base unit are to be used as demos. Each dealer will place orders( the reservations) with factory. Hence reservations to be shipped before end of year. Not all dealers are charging above MSRP... Got to check around... Or call the dealer in Ft. Pierce, Florida... They will treat the Buyer like they want to be treated with no bull...

·
Registered
438 Posts
I also have a SS reserved with Best Buy in Ft. Pierce.
FloridaJoe, did Jim say anything to you about a possible meet & greet when they get their display models in?
It would be a pretty good ride for me, don't know if i would make it if i couldn't drive one back, LOL

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
I also have a SS reserved with Best Buy in Ft. Pierce.
FloridaJoe, did Jim say anything to you about a possible meet & greet when they get their display models in?
It would be a pretty good ride for me, don't know if i would make it if i couldn't drive one back, LOL
Yes he wants to have a party at his dealership when the first shipments arrive. Also he said on weekends if he does not need the demo he will loan it out to those that have reservations on a first come bases. He's a great guy. He just wants to sell as much as possible. He treats the buyer like he wants to be treated. That's why I have purchased five Victory motorcycles during the past years from him and I am #5 on the reservation list.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I am over in Tampa, and I am about 95% sure I am getting one. I would like to see one in person, and I would like to see the in dash camera/infotainment center. I like to tinker and the $4k difference between the two model types buys a lot of modifications. I run an Ecotec in my buggy, so I am already aware of what these little engines are capable of. I can't wait.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Please post who this is. If not, send me a private message.

I was talking with one local dealership and they wanted $1,000 as a deposit which was non-refundable. Ummmm.... no thanks. Non-refundable? I would only consider a non-refundable deposit if (1) I actually saw the SS in person and (2) was able to test ride it. Only then would I give a non-refundable deposit.

However, I think the SS for me is going to be the Base with some accessories (infotainment and windshield). So more than likely, my SS will have to be special ordered.

I put my deposit down today at Best Buy in FT Pierce I'm number 7 on their list. Had I not gotten side tracked over it not fitting in my garage I would have been the first to order one. If you dislike BS this dealer would be where you would want to purchase your SS. Honest dealers seem hard to come by these days.

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
I put my deposit down today at Best Buy in FT Pierce I'm number 7 on their list. Had I not gotten side tracked over it not fitting in my garage I would have been the first to order one. If you dislike BS this dealer would be where you would want to purchase your SS. Honest dealers seem hard to come by these days.
Yes Best Buy for sure is the BEST. I am #5 there.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Thanks guys for the info.

Appreciate knowing there is a place to go if I can't get the same deal locally. I have no problem traveling 2 hours to save 2 grand. :D

·
Registered
17 Posts
I called Cycle Springs in Tarpon Springs and I am waiting to hear back from Sky Motorsports. Cycle Springs quoted MSRP +$1500 destination + $200 dealer prep. I assume Sky will be the same thing. I am going to call another dealer tomorrow that is local. If I get 2 more responses like the first, I will take that as an omen and give the guys at Best Buy a call. ~2 grand is definitely worth a 3.5 hour drive.

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
I called Cycle Springs in Tarpon Springs and I am waiting to hear back from Sky Motorsports. Cycle Springs quoted MSRP +$1500 destination + $200 dealer prep. I assume Sky will be the same thing. I am going to call another dealer tomorrow that is local. If I get 2 more responses like the first, I will take that as an omen and give the guys at Best Buy a call. ~2 grand is definitely worth a 3.5 hour drive.
It is very important that dealers get as much profit from each product that they sell. But don't try to charge so much "extra" charges that it is evident the dealer is taking advantage of a product that is in high demand. This is nothing more than "pad the price-quick buck Dealer Fees". Enough already...
Call Jim at Best Buy in Ft Pierce Florida He will not charge extra fees only MSRP and Florida State Sales Tax. He will treat you with respect. I am number 5 on his reserve list.

1 - 20 of 322 Posts