Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took my '17 into the dealer to get an install mishap, on their part, corrected. After 3 weeks I got in to drive it home. Approximately 10 miles down the road I get the CEL mentioned above. I am a pretty good shade tree mechanic, but I've never heard of "angle out of range". Is this simply a replace the cam sensor x? If so, where is this located in the SS? I've done a compulsory look and haven't seen the sensor. Everything online about ecotec motors say it's between the starter and oil filter. TIA.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I took my '17 into the dealer to get an install mishap, on their part, corrected. After 3 weeks I got in to drive it home. Approximately 10 miles down the road I get the CEL mentioned above. I am a pretty good shade tree mechanic, but I've never heard of "angle out of range". Is this simply a replace the cam sensor x? If so, where is this located in the SS? I've done a compulsory look and haven't seen the sensor. Everything online about ecotec motors say it's between the starter and oil filter. TIA.
Yes it is right by the oil filter in line with the oil fill cap. It's a 10mm bolt and o-ring, should just pop out. 13 bucks on amazon. Check the plug to make sure a ham fisted tech didn't knock it loose. Hope that helps :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Appreciate it. I will check when I get home. They had to replace my coolant tube because they didn't install the relocation bracket when they put on my new headers and exhaust. The ceramic coating ate right through the aluminum tube. They have to disassemble the right side of the motor and tilt it to get the Full Blown Motorsports headers out and remove/install the tube. I'm wondering if they had to unplug things. Hope they didn't spark anything, either, because they didn't disconnect the battery...

·
Registered
107 Posts
Appreciate it. I will check when I get home. They had to replace my coolant tube because they didn't install the relocation bracket when they put on my new headers and exhaust. The ceramic coating ate right through the aluminum tube. They have to disassemble the right side of the motor and tilt it to get the Full Blown Motorsports headers out and remove/install the tube. I'm wondering if they had to unplug things. Hope they didn't spark anything, either, because they didn't disconnect the battery...
Good luck, hope it's something simple.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I replaced the cam sensor. Now I need to hit the dealership to get the code removed. Tried the disconnecting the ECU trick...didn't work.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts