·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
45 Posts
found this on Motortrend today,
http://wot.motortrend.com/1408_caterham_seven_480_and_360_join_lineup_u_s_marketplace.html

i think "i don't fully know" they're legal via kit car laws like the Rallyfighter. both 480 and 360 are powered by Ford Duratec 2.0s and the 360 seams to have the same HP and similar 0-60 time as the Slingshot!

what do you guys think, would this make a cool comparison?

Cool I guess, but at twice the price of the SS for roughly the same performance I'd pass.

·
You could've had a V8
2,380 Posts
I like them (as well as many other machines) but they are just so expensive for what you get. Now that the SS is under $20k it makes all these others not as appealing.

Even the Ariel Atom was $60k with the same motor that's in the SS. They use a lot of trick parts (suspension, wheels, tires, brakes, etc.) but it would have been nice to be able to get a stripped down version of the Atom that I could build how I want.

They could have put Brembo brakes, Ohlins or Fox suspension, sticky Nitto or Toyo tires, carbon fiber body panels, etc. but then it would be another $45k track toy.

I may end up dumping $25k into the SS but it will be what I want and not what the factory thinks I want.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
The other full-time open air options are just too pricey for what you get and very hard to justify in a climate where they sit for so many months. I guess if auto's were my only hobby then not a big deal. I have too many other things vying for my free time and budget.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts