Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks right now I have a slide in truck camper to haul my slingshot on a 16 foot utility trailer. Looking to buy a bumper pull RV trailer 20 foot. Probably a dumb question but has anybody attempted to make or bought and hauled a 12 ft 6 in Polaris Slingshot in the back of their pickup truck. And yes it have to go angled over the top of the cab which would make it too tall probably for low underpasses. I have a short bed pickup truck probably have to get a long bed to even attempt this. Also don't want a fifth wheel RV and double Tow with it.thx

·
Registered
4,905 Posts
Personally, I think it would be a total bit.h trying to get he Slingshot up on top of the pickup bed. Given the Slingshot's width, I'd assume you'd need a frame for the front wheel troughs that would have to fit on the outside of the pickup bed. Are you planning on gettingt he Slingshot inplae and then hooking up to your travel trailer? If so, it sounds like it'd be easier to use a flatbed two-truck to pull the travel trailer and it would be a heck of a lot easier to get the Slingshot on the flatbed.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, con man would be a shitshow bad idea even with a long bed would overhang 3 ft on the back no trailer towing

·
Registered
101 Posts
Why don't you get a flatbed (low boy) tow truck 16 or 20 ft- put SS on flatbed the hook up a travel trailer to the tow truck. You don't need to add anything but so god tie downs for the front wheels and the rear one. Good luck figuring it out.

·
Registered
101 Posts
DDOG- If you could make a ramp to go up over your truck bed, the ramp would probably max out the load capacity of your truck before driving your SS on to it. If you are wanting to remove your slide in, consider the following- get trailer that you can mount your slide-in on and add a receiver hitch to the rear of that trailer to hook up a second trailer designed to carry the SS. The tranny of the SS needs lubrication and if towed using a car dolly, in neutral, the mechanical pump doesn't lube the tranny. RV'ers double pull with their RV's why not consider the same set-up. Check your state's traffic laws to be sure. You could then off load your SS, drop that trailer and then drop the trailer that has camper.

·
Registered
101 Posts
RoboCop 1 that's a great idea something to think about
If your slide-in is 8 footer, you could find a single axle(5x10 or 6x10) for the slid-in and a 16 ft double axle for the SS. You should be able to get a 6 x 12 single and a 16 ft double for less than $2500.00 total. (unless you go with new trlr) Good luck!

·
Registered
101 Posts
If your slide-in is 8 footer, you could find a single axle(5x10 or 6x10) for the slid-in and a 16 ft double axle for the SS. You should be able to get a 6 x 12 single and a 16 ft double for less than $2500.00 total. (unless you go with new trlr) Good luck!
OOPS slide-in. Also, the slide-in would act as a wind break for the SS.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts