Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There are a lot of things that excite my about getting my Slingshot. I must admit though, I am most stoked about being able to bust through crappy traffic in the ever-so-nice carpool lane while riding solo. There are going to be a lot of faces like...

The only problem now is dealing with PP (Prius Problems)! Take your hybrid plate to a slower lane!

·
Banned
118 Posts
Can't wait myself. It'll be worth seeing the look on peoples faces.
Just hope the CHP people are up todate on the SS.
If we can take our SS's in the car pool lane, then shouldn't we be able to drive between cars, as well? Since the MC label doesn't allow the latter, I wonder whether it really allows the former???? Anyone know for sure? Just because it's a motorcyle, it's clear that you can't legally do EVERYTHING on an SS that you are able to do on a motorcycle. I wonder if there is a carpool exception, as well...
Anyone got a pic of a SS in a carpool lane? I would love to have it for our film fest...
Please submit your photos and video clips to SLINGSHORTS FILM FEST... (free)
SLINGSHORTS FILM FESTIVAL: "Take Your Shot"

·
Registered
4,814 Posts
Having lived and worked in the DC area for 25 years before retiring to the Houston area, I gotta comment on HOV lanes. DC wisely made them dual lanes and reversible. Around Houston, they also made them reversible, but for some unknown reason they only made them SINGLE lanes! Any breakdown or accident causes all kinds of havoc and totally defeats the advantage of having an HOV lane.

·
Super Moderator
2,871 Posts
Remember to think about the outcome before doing something others will see as obnoxious. I use the normal on-ramp and freeway lanes unless I'm running late and traffic is really backed up, and then I'm very courteous and keep my speed reasonable. I don't want people to get the impression I'm another, well, you know what you'd think if I came flying by in a BMW not giving a crap about you who's stuck in line.

Lawmakers react to people having "too much freedom." They'll clamp down on us if we pop onto the radar, and once they start, it just seems to gain traction. I'd rather someone respect me for using the normal lanes when I don't have to than to ban another right because they're jealous and friends with Bernie Sanders.

bernie-sanders[1].gif

1 - 6 of 6 Posts