Polaris Slingshot Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello,
New here and have been searching high and low for a solution. I see no reason why Polaris disabled CarPlay without the use of a headset. I’m looking for a way to wire a noise cancelling mic in the driver side dash above the cluster, or maybe a software mod to flash a modded version of the software that bypasses the microphone requirement for CarPlay. I rent slingshots and we are in a no-helmet state, so it renders the CarPlay/gps useless for 99% of customers. Even being able to communicate through CarPlay phone calls or queuing up maps while not moving would be nice. Anybody aware if there is an aux-in on the back of the display where I could run a 3.5mm jack from a microphone or something similar? maybe a Bluetooth mic hard wired to usb for power?

· Registered
48 Posts
Hello,
New here and have been searching high and low for a solution. I see no reason why Polaris disabled CarPlay without the use of a headset. I’m looking for a way to wire a noise cancelling mic in the driver side dash above the cluster, or maybe a software mod to flash a modded version of the software that bypasses the microphone requirement for CarPlay. I rent slingshots and we are in a no-helmet state, so it renders the CarPlay/gps useless for 99% of customers. Even being able to communicate through CarPlay phone calls or queuing up maps while not moving would be nice. Anybody aware if there is an aux-in on the back of the display where I could run a 3.5mm jack from a microphone or something similar? maybe a Bluetooth mic hard wired to usb for power?
Get with Shawn Markley if he can not help you…. I will give you this, a new unit will provide you with more features that the original unit can. The new unit will perform better and some you can add front and rear camera. If I missing something that you need let me know.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts