Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,750 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We got our SlingShot back from Jack's Custom Motorcycles, Lexington, SC, yesterday with a new Right-Angle-Drive-Unit AND the ECU update
we have only driven it about 70 miles, but, the new rear-drive sounds quieter AND the ECU does seem to be a improvement
we will be heading back to New York Saturday AM
a 700+ mile ride and we will post a update of any changes
this being Stranded-in Aiken,SC has been a expensive trip, rental car was $800, motel-$600, food-$$$, Beer-$$$$, etc-$$$$
carol & i cannot say enough great things about this dealership, especially
J A N E T of Jack's what a great lady, she got the new rear drive as fast as possible
........................................ tom n carol

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
Glad you finally got it back I'm a little disappointed in Polaris not giving you a loaner car until yours was fixed if my GM vehicle broke down and was a factory issue I'm sure they give me one

·
Registered
5,309 Posts
We got our SlingShot back from Jack's Custom Motorcycles, Lexington, SC, yesterday with a new Right-Angle-Drive-Unit AND the ECU update
we have only driven it about 70 miles, but, the new rear-drive sounds quieter AND the ECU does seem to be a improvement
we will be heading back to New York Saturday AM
a 700+ mile ride and we will post a update of any changes
this being Stranded-in Aiken,SC has been a expensive trip, rental car was $800, motel-$600, food-$$$, Beer-$$$$, etc-$$$$
carol & i cannot say enough great things about this dealership, especially
J A N E T of Jack's what a great lady, she got the new rear drive as fast as possible
........................................ tom n carol
Tom, not sure if I or anyone else mentioned this to you before, but do you have trip interruption coverage on your insurance that may help pay for these expenses? I have Allstate on all my cars and bikes and if I'm stranded more than (I think) 100 miles from home, they pay for these expenses. Not sure the exact amounts they do pay, but it's worth either looking into it or adding it to your policies for any future issues

·
Registered
939 Posts
Congratulations glad to see you back on the road. It has been quite an endeavor since SSITS. Just glad you both are safe. Looks like another road trip. Be safe!

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
Tom, you should have posted this in your original thread. It's been so long since you broke down, I forgot exactly what the hell happened.

·
Registered
939 Posts
Just seen Txskye PRP seat install post. Nice pics of install, looks as if bottom is held in place by suspension cords, but could be wrong here.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts