Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Vendor
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have a slingshot project in the shop and were really liking the new carbon fiber fenders. The project sling is a 2016 and the fenders are for a 17+. I know they are pretty similar so we ordered them up and are going to make it work. We would be a sad excuse for a custom shop if we said it wont fit :D

Photo Aug 28, 4 09 41 PM.jpg

A little modification and she fits like a glove. We are definitely not leaving these stock, more pics to come...

·
Vendor
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Photo Aug 28, 10 43 06 AM.jpg

This is a view of the passenger side panel taken under the fender. The difference between the newer and older slings is were this bottom bolt lines up and bolts to the frame.Were the carbon fiber tab bolts up needs to be trimmed out as it wont let the lower fender edge sit flush with the side panel. Once the tape is masked along the bottom I now know were I need to cut the side panel for the carbon fiber tab to be recessed.

Photo Aug 28, 10 43 10 AM.jpg

Close up of the tab before trimming.

·
Vendor
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Photo Aug 28, 10 47 30 AM.jpg

After marking were the tab will be on the panel I made a rough outline in green tape so I know were to cut without the fender on.

Photo Aug 28, 10 54 51 AM.jpg

This shot is after the first rough cut. You can see the different frame rail the 2017+ bolt the fender to now.

Photo Aug 28, 11 39 18 AM.jpg

I held the fender back up and marked exactly were the fender will bolt to the frame tube, drilled (make sure its the same angle as the bolt goes through the fender), and installed a nice pretty nut rivet. If you dont have the tool to do this you can drill all the way through and use a longer bolt with a nut on the back side (not as pretty but works).

Photo Aug 28, 4 10 03 PM.jpg

This pic shows the driver side temporarily bolted up. A different bolt will be used so it matches.

·
Vendor
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
2.jpg

View attachment 171649

3.jpg

Just finished the project and couldn't wait to get some pics up! Will have some front shots tomorrow. Really happy with the way this one turned out. Did the custom fenders, color matched the front filler pieces, a few repairs, some powdercoat, and a fresh set of Ferrada Fr4 22" wheels to finish it off.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts