Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I need protection for the SS and I was looking at the SS Custom Fit All Weather Cover, looks great but $449.99 here's the site;

http://www.polaris.com/en-us/slingshot/shop/accessories/trailer-cover/2880658

I went to Pep Boys to see what they had and came out with a $105.45 Durable All Weather Cover, the sales gal told me to go online to get 25% off plus a $20 rebate. Very helpful!
So here it is on the SS;

This is at Pep Boys trying it on to make sure it fits

IMG_3522.jpg

I snugged it down used a cable from one eye loop across under the seats to the other and used a lock to secure the cover.

IMG_3523.jpg

this is a bit more incognito for me.

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
Well I need protection for the SS and I was looking at the SS Custom Fit All Weather Cover, looks great but $449.99 here's the site;

I went to Pep Boys to see what they had and came out with a $105.45 Durable All Weather Cover, the sales gal told me to go online to get 25% off plus a $20 rebate. Very helpful!
So here it is on the SS;

View attachment 2726

I snugged it down used a cable from one eye loop across under the seats to the other and used a lock to secure the cover.

View attachment 2727

That's a great find, thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
202 Posts

So here it is on the SS;

View attachment 2726

View attachment 2727

This would work while at home but I would want the factory fitted one for hauling on a open trailer. The $500 for a good fitting cover would be better than beating the hell out of your paint job with a bad fitting cover.

·
Registered
5,162 Posts
Someone else posted a pic of the so-called trailer cover and it had worn thru the material at the side mirror(s).

·
Vendor
2,216 Posts
We just finished our fitted outdoor Slingshot Car Cover. It's not up on the site yet.. but we'll be adding it this weekend. It's not as cheap as the Pep Boys Special.. but it's far less than the Polaris Cover. It will be $252.99!

·
Vendor
5,411 Posts
We just finished our fitted outdoor Slingshot Car Cover. It's not up on the site yet.. but we'll be adding it this weekend. It's not as cheap as the Pep Boys Special.. but it's far less than the Polaris Cover. It will be $252.99!
YES!! Finally. You did say fitted right? I'm going to need one of them suckers. The geese up here actually aim at my bike when they're dropping sh*t bombs while I'm parked at work. :banghead: My newly painted SS will be a much easier target......Some days I wish I could bring my 10/22 to work, aim at one of the many flocks of geese and just start wearing heads OUT! LOL.......Or I suppose a cover is an option. ;)

·
Registered
5,162 Posts
YES!! Finally. You did say fitted right? I'm going to need one of them suckers. The geese up here actually aim at my bike when they're dropping sh*t bombs while I'm parked at work. :banghead: My newly painted SS will be a much easier target......Some days I wish I could bring my 10/22 to work, aim at one of the many flocks of geese and just start wearing heads OUT! LOL.......Or I suppose a cover is an option. ;)
Back when my Kids played soccer, I often wished I could shoot the damned geese that left "fertilizer" on the soccer pitches, but they were protected Canadian Geese!:D

·
Vendor
5,411 Posts
Back when my Kids played soccer, I often wished I could shoot the damned geese that left "fertilizer" on the soccer pitches, but they were protected Canadian Geese!:D
They're protected here too. Sonzabit*h3z.:mad:

Oh well....The cover will be good piece of mind.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I found yet another option for a cover around $60.00. rain*x auto cover Luxury. Soft triple layer, water repellant, breathable UV protection. The large covers from the front to the bottom of the rear tire, elastic at both ends with a cross under strap in the middle.
Found it at Walmart.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I found yet another option for a cover around $60.00. rain*x auto cover Luxury. Soft triple layer, water repellant, breathable UV protection. The large covers from the front to the bottom of the rear tire, elastic at both ends with a cross under strap in the middle.
Found it at Walmart.
What size did you get? Large, xLarger, etc?

·
Registered
1,065 Posts

So here it is on the SS;

View attachment 2726

View attachment 2727

OMG, you mean to say there is an alternative:rolleyes:
Have an expensive super soft rain repellent corvette cover I think I paid $150-$200 on mine:mooning:.

·
Banned
118 Posts

Accessories | Polaris Slingshot Store

So here it is on the SS;

View attachment 2726

View attachment 2727

Costco has a "small" car cover for $28 that fits the SS just fine. That's what we use.

Please submit your photos and video clips to SLINGSHORTS FILM FEST... (free)
SLINGSHORTS FILM FESTIVAL: "Take Your Shot"

1 - 19 of 19 Posts