Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I hope this is in the right forum. Simple question, are
Bullet Speed V-Back Canvas Roof Top for Polaris Slingshot
interchangeable ? That is, seller has a 2015 SS top and I need to know if will fit on a 2018 SS SL.
Dealers have it compatible from 2015 to 2019. Just making sure. Please advise soon.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Is it a one size fits all ?
Looking at a pick up this weekend and need to know by Friday.
May be a silly question but as they say out there there's never a silly question.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks BKL. You've come through again for me. Helped out recently and appreciating it. I'll be driving from No.Va to Delaware (not far from Newark).
Did not want to buy it and find out it would not fit. As you stated and I've seen online (Slingmods), it should fit all years (2015-2019).
Thanks again.

·
Registered
4,763 Posts
No Problem.
Funny story - My son's lady friend is from Colombia and called him one day saying she needed assistance when her car wouldn't start. He texted her NP and she thought that meant he wasn't going to help her:mad:. Once he explained he meant No Problem and he was on his way, she was no longer mad at him.:love:

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
OK...got one from a nearby private seller and installed. One thing I did notice. Before top installed, having a stock SL windshield, air flow was directed above my head without much in the face.
Now quite a bit of air blowing in the face. Read due to airflow going up to canvas top and back down. Or is it from the sides ? I know canvas can be taken off taking care of it.
Which product a wind deflector would reduce the airflow into the face. I have both a half/full helmets. Knowing full helmet would alleviate taking care some of it.
Did noticed vendors on the web selling an assortment of wing/deflector options.
Owners out there with same set up, what's your solution ?
Posting a picture of SS with son.
Thanks to anyone with an answer.

P.S. Want to add a rear view mirror on the bar (top), is there one of you out there already set up ? Where mirror bought and hooking it up ? Much appreciated.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Have the top with an F4 Customs +9 windshield and Baker Air Wings. Only air is when the air wings are adjusted to divert air toward me and the bit that comes in from the side. Get plenty of air when it is hot as long as I am moving. Likewise I ride in 30 degree tempertures with comfort as long as I dress for the cold.
2573693.jpg

·
Registered
83 Posts
Did the mirror this way. Worked very nicely with no vibration. Took it off as it started to rub a hole in the top.
Mirror1.jpg

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks W3JNP for the tips. I'm looking on keeping the stock SL windshield. Either add to it or on the sides. Other situation is to take off cover when not needed. Cooler weather and so on.
Got a full size helmet that would take care of it. Will experiment and see where it's truly coming from with temporary barriers.
Looking at pic, waiting on receiving the handle grip you have on bar. Wife needs it.
Thanks again.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I have 16 SS with TD canvass top. I found a 15" mirror on Amazon for $16.95 (i think) The mounting brackets fit under the canvass (no drilling) Easy to adjust. Also, gave me a better view of right side blind spots. Also, Buggies unlimited has a 4 panel mirror(lesson than ($20.00). used zip ties to hold brackets to bar. It did change wind deflection. I like the 15 inch mirror. Hopes this helps

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I have 16 SS with TD canvass top. I found a 15" mirror on Amazon for $16.95 (i think) The mounting brackets fit under the canvass (no drilling) Easy to adjust. Also, gave me a better view of right side blind spots. Also, Buggies unlimited has a 4 panel mirror(lesson than ($20.00). used zip ties to hold brackets to bar. It did change wind deflection. I like the 15 inch mirror. Hopes this helps
You would not have on hand links or images of the two mirrors ? Did see different options people used to set one up. Like to get one next couple days. Still searching Slingshots forums for answers.
Thanks for the feedback.

·
ALPHA - Home of the V8 Slingshot
3,154 Posts
If your wanting more air in the cab, the windshield you have is not the best. I have found the Madstad hard to beat. I run the Madstad on one of mine and I have the OEM double bubbles on the other to get the most air flow into the cab.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Sort of the opposite. There's more air flow in the cab while without the top (before installation) was minimal. Now it appears to come off the sides. That is at corners of windshield next to the poles.
Will have image with suspected location soon. However during the summer that air would help. But colder weather you want it reduced.

·
ALPHA - Home of the V8 Slingshot
3,154 Posts
The Madstad will reduce your air in face directing it over your head. The Double bubble will bring it into cab more. I have the madstad with the top.
The sling without the top has the doubles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
39 Posts
I also have the TD V-back canvas top with an Alpha windshield, but it is the +5. It provides good wind and road debris protection while still allowing airflow. The +9 Is a good look but it might not only significantly reduce air movement, but may cause a visibility problem when getting caught in the rain. I’ve had the “opportunity” to experience heavy rain while touring. If I was not able to look over the windshield it would have been very difficult to safely travel the rural highways we were on until finding a safe place to wait out the rain. Using a windshield treatment like Bugslide or Plexus helps, but the diminished visibility during a heavy rain is kinda scary.

·
Registered
7 Posts
OK...got one from a nearby private seller and installed. One thing I did notice. Before top installed, having a stock SL windshield, air flow was directed above my head without much in the face.
Now quite a bit of air blowing in the face. Read due to airflow going up to canvas top and back down. Or is it from the sides ? I know canvas can be taken off taking care of it.
Which product a wind deflector would reduce the airflow into the face. I have both a half/full helmets. Knowing full helmet would alleviate taking care some of it.
Did noticed vendors on the web selling an assortment of wing/deflector options.
Owners out there with same set up, what's your solution ?
Posting a picture of SS with son.
Thanks to anyone with an answer.

P.S. Want to add a rear view mirror on the bar (top), is there one of you out there already set up ? Where mirror bought and hooking it up ? Much appreciated.

View attachment 182949
Got the same top on my 2017, rear view mirror i bought from Advance Auto used Gorilla Glue. Have had it on now for 8 months no problems. Sling down Culpeper way give a yell.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Bought a mirror and ram mount from a seller on this forum. Good deal. Just received bracket for the dash to mount mirror.
Also adding a GPS to bracket that should fit nicely. Will have picture when installed within days. RJY1953 thanks for the info.
BTW, sister up your way near Culpeper. Their in Richardsville. My bro in law from there attending Culpeper HS many years ago.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I thought about on dash but after comments I read from others, decided to glue to top front bar. Being slightly up higher like in a car felt gave more view. Guess it's a personal preference. Know a few in Richardsville.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
My intentions was to mount it above my head at the bar. Noticed a few SS owners using a bracket on dash and are able to see behind SS OK. I'll have it at the very top of bracket.
Once I get it up, I'll post some pictures. The mirror is the one with panoramic view convex add-on (mirror).
I do use the rear view camera but looking for those vehicles not seen by side mirrors.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts