Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently crashed my HD on way to Bristol race. Suffered multiple fractures and injuries including broken pelvis, ribs, clavicle, hand, etc. Have enjoyed riding bikes since childhood (now 53). On the mend and hopefully will be able to ride again by next spring. Never had a trike, not a big fan of the Spyder but love what I have seen of the Slingshot. Spoke to local dealer and he hopes to have a demo arrive very soon...cant wait to check it out!

·
The Pack
5,165 Posts
Recently crashed my HD on way to Bristol race. Suffered multiple fractures and injuries including broken pelvis, ribs, clavicle, hand, etc. Have enjoyed riding bikes since childhood (now 53). On the mend and hopefully will be able to ride again by next spring. Never had a trike, not a big fan of the Spyder but love what I have seen of the Slingshot. Spoke to local dealer and he hopes to have a demo arrive very soon...cant wait to check it out!
Man I hear you loud and clear! I've been riding bikes a long time. I wrecked my knee in a fall and it's difficult to hold a heavy bike upright due to arthritis after having my knee restrung. I think the SS will be the answer I've been looking for. I can operate a clutch just fine!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hope the SS lives up to our expectations Cameron. I'm excited by what I have seen on the web. Still healing up and riding a wheelchair right now. Might need that third wheel for support and think the wife would feel safer on thr SS.

·
The Pack
5,165 Posts
Hope the SS lives up to our expectations Cameron. I'm excited by what I have seen on the web. Still healing up and riding a wheelchair right now. Might need that third wheel for support and think the wife would feel safer on thr SS.
Worst moments of my life were riding out of the hospital in a chair, trying to get on the toilet, and being stuck with a cold water circulator strapped on. Once I got on crutches not so terrible.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yep, been there. Had my crash on 8/21 and surgery to install pelvic plate and clavicle plate next day. Probably off work until mid December. Expect to make full recovery and ride again but three wheels starting to appeal to me and love the SS. Just wish Harley had introduced it to the market...probably cost 40k if it were HD though

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Was thinking the same thing. If it had an HD sticker on it figure $50-60K. I am much more excited about this vehicle coming with an proven automotive power plant and drive train. Would not be as interested if it was a v-twin.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I agree. The GM power plant is a plus for sure. I had 26k in my last HD. Loved the bike but feel I can get more for my money with the SS.

·
Registered
47 Posts
40 k would be conservative :D
I have had Harleys continuously since I was 18. I'm 67 now. I'm totally H-D and love their bikes, but we have already seen what they do with a trike. Way over-priced and grossly underpowered. It's shameful what they did. They have a lot of legacy and image that hurt them this time. Polaris did not have that burden. They had a completely blank slate to begin with. I'm even looking forward to seeing the Slingshot evolve over the next few years.

Like you guys, I've had a few mishaps in the last 49 years. I've been hit by four cars, fortunately not all at the same time. I've also contributed to a few other "events" myself, my younger self. I'm still on two wheels, but I knew that three, or none, would likely be in my future. It's awesome that something as exciting as the Slingshot comes along now. It's three wheels that I WANT to be on!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I had looked at and rode the Tri-Glide trike a couple of years ago. Was not impressed with ride, appearance, or excessive price. I have owned HD bikes for years and most (90%) of my friends and folks that I ride with own HD. Half of them may not admit it, but they cant deny the SS is impressive. I am betting that they will want to ride it when I get my eager hands on one!

·
Registered
532 Posts
Been in the same boat as you. I wasn't able to continue my love of motorcycles after being pancaked by a semitruck.
Then along came Polaris with the SlingShot.
I am so looking forward to picking up my love affair and starting over again with the SS.
Hang in there sounds like your well on your way to healing.
Think you and the wife will love the SlingShot. The wife and I can't wait.
This is opening a whole new chapter in our lives.
Good luck to the both of you.:) :D
This is long awaited.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts