Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
@RABTECH would you please link me to this exact Kenwood head unit? Also, are you happy with the speakers you have? How are they on bass?

·
Registered
5,881 Posts
@RABTECH would you please link me to this exact Kenwood head unit? Also, are you happy with the speakers you have? How are they on bass?
I am as happy as you can be with a solution. Its still not perfect and still isn't quite bright enough to see with sunglasses. However it is without them on.

It allows a direct view of the screen. And the screen will stand straight up toward you. So all-in-all its the best I have found.

It also plays while the screen is in and will stay in the up or down position when you start the vehicle. And the screen has a VERY sturdy hinge. So when it is up it is firmly in place. If you feel uncomfortable and are traveling over some seriously rough ground you can hit the screen retract button and it will continue playing perfectly while its retracted

I will post the model number soon as I get out of the hotel room and head back down to it.

As I have posted before. Its NOT water resistant. But like today it was raining up here in the mountains and I just tossed a beach towel up on my dash and kept on rolling. No problems at all. And each night I put my cockpit cover on to keep the dew off of it.

Reactions: J.Smitty and JDin

·
Registered
5,881 Posts
Kenwood KVT-7012BT

·
Banned
928 Posts
What if instead of aftermarket radio, you just get high quality Bluetooth waterproof speaker system, and listen (to I-Heart radio) using your smart phone!!!

·
Registered
81 Posts
@Aufgeblassen - that's exactly what I'm saying.

I am thinking of installing great speakers (solid bass and all), and having an iphone-ready cable come out from the cubby hole and plugin to my phone. I could care less about bluetooth, since my iphone will be mounted right there anyway. Wouldn't that serve the same exact function as a head unit?

·
Registered
5,373 Posts
What if instead of aftermarket radio, you just get high quality Bluetooth waterproof speaker system, and listen (to I-Heart radio) using your smart phone!!!
Some folks are doing this.

@Aufgeblassen
I am thinking of installing great speakers (solid bass and all), and having an iphone-ready cable come out from the cubby hole and plugin to my phone. I could care less about bluetooth, since my iphone will be mounted right there anyway. Wouldn't that serve the same exact function as a head unit?
Yep.

·
Registered
4,124 Posts
There are several Blue Tooth amps around that will allow you to connect your phone directly to it. The phone is your head unit and the amp powers all the speakers.

Or use any amp you want and buy the SSVworks BT Controller. This is now your head unit and connects to your phone for music streaming.

·
Registered
81 Posts
@Funinthesun - I see what you did there. I prefer to take the strings off myself.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Not OFF OF myself, you misread that. I don't wear strings...only when the money's tight and I need some extra cash from the truckers.

I'm glad my wife isn't on this forum. We don't have a prenup :D

21 - 38 of 38 Posts