Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this has come up in other posts, but I was thinking of adding the third set of lights like the canadian model has. (2 outside lights). I would somehow make them amber "fog lights" to keep it legal. Looking at the parts diagram, I believe the hole is already there, just have to remove the insert. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
508 Posts
I know this has come up in other posts, but I was thinking of adding the third set of lights like the canadian model has. (2 outside lights). I would somehow make them amber "fog lights" to keep it legal. Looking at the parts diagram, I believe the hole is already there, just have to remove the insert. Any thoughts?
I too would like the Canadian version lighting with the U.S. mid light for amber foglight. Need some info for price.

·
Registered
396 Posts
I think it would look good to have it as a fog light or even with a clear lense with an extra Amber turn signal in it.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Same thought here also. Want to install fog lights in my SS.
There are times around here when a person really needs them.
This way they'll be totally legal.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I did a basic search and the H3 bulbs are readilly available in amber already, so it would just be a matter of getting the fixture/ socket and wiring harness for the second light.

·
Registered
508 Posts
I did a basic search and the H3 bulbs are readilly available in amber already, so it would just be a matter of getting the fixture/ socket and wiring harness for the second light.
Any Canadian who can help us on a source to get parts needed and price please . Thank in advance.

·
Vendor
118 Posts
Looking at $360.00 per side for the dual pod headlights. ( Average joe schmoe pricing;)) You have to buy an entire new headlight assembly, its not as simple as adding another projector unfortunately.. But it does make it an easy install :rolleyes:

Reactions: luckyone

·
Registered
200 Posts
Any way for what I see most of us like MY model.so Polaris have the time to make all the unit like the Canadian model ...and add the center lights...

·
Registered
532 Posts
Dang better put my dog up for studding. Need more money.
Com down pepper. :shamefullyembarrased:;):cigar: Now Now Pepper that's for after.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Since I'm in Canada I'm getting the Canadian model but I will get the plastic piece that is in the center on the US model and add a PIAA RF Fog LED light bar in there.

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
I broke the prices down earlier on a CAD/INTL model converted to a six-lighted beast (all in USD):

2412965 (center headlight assembly), $319.99
5260185 (HL mount), $44.99
7517770 (screw pack for mount (10)), $2.29
5450058 (short/US-style nose cone), $237.59
And Halogen H9 Hellas: $120 for the pair

So, yeah: $724.86 for the whole shebang!

Now, converting a US model to have the CAD lights, that should be a bit easier!

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
Kip, what would it cost to add the CN lights to a U.S. model?
First you need to remove the headlight closeout trim from the US model. That basically just covers the hole where the CAD headlight comes out from.

You will need:
2412881 (ASM-HEADLIGHT,OUTER,RH-INTL)
4015135 (BULB-HALOGEN,H3)
What causes it to mount in is unclear, if it locks or snaps into the light housing frame, or if the lamp kit comes with screws, which is what the case appears to be.

Just follow the kit instructions for wiring the lamps into the electrical system, and they should power on when the vehicle does.

And that's it! Now you have a six headlamp US model SS! Much easier than installing the US lights on the CAD model.

You may want 7519977 (SCREW, ADJUSTER, HEADLIGHT [INCL. SCREW AND ADJUSTER]) to perfectly tune the new headlamp setup to the correct beam position on the road.

·
Registered
4,125 Posts
First you need to remove the headlight closeout trim from the US model. That basically just covers the hole where the CAD headlight comes out from.

You will need:
2412881 (ASM-HEADLIGHT,OUTER,RH-INTL)
4015135 (BULB-HALOGEN,H3)
What causes it to mount in is unclear, if it locks or snaps into the light housing frame, or if the lamp kit comes with screws, which is what the case appears to be.

Just follow the kit instructions for wiring the lamps into the electrical system, and they should power on when the vehicle does.

And that's it! Now you have a six headlamp US model SS! Much easier than installing the US lights on the CAD model.

You may want 7519977 (SCREW, ADJUSTER, HEADLIGHT [INCL. SCREW AND ADJUSTER]) to perfectly tune the new headlamp setup to the correct beam position on the road.
As always, thanks for the info Kip.

How much total are you looking at to do this 6 light conversion?

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
As always, thanks for the info Kip.

How much total are you looking at to do this 6 light conversion?
Oh, yeah, I meant to quote the prices:

2412881 (ASM-HEADLIGHT,OUTER,RH-INTL) $15.99 x2
4015135 (BULB-HALOGEN,H3) $179.99 x2

Total: 391.96 +labor
Probably a half hour to an hour to install. Looks super simple.

Is there a pic of the CAD lights lit up?
DSC_0422r.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
4,125 Posts
I guess I am a little lost how these install between the 2 outside lights without ordering the whole canadian assembly.

Are those inside plastic pieces were the Canadian lights would be just pop off? Are there screws?

I was under the impression that you would have to buy the light CA light housing for both sides so that there is a hole for both new lights.

Somebody that has seen one in person, please fill me in.

Reactions: 1173
1 - 20 of 47 Posts