Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have any experience or knowledge regarding changing out the passenger bottom seat bracket, in order to allow it to slide forward like the driver seat?

I would prefer to use OEM parts if possible.

I found this part on the catalogue for the Slingshot:

FRAME, SEAT BOTTOM, LH
Polaris Part Number: 2686180

From what I could decipher in the catalogue - this piece is all that is different between the passenger bottom seat bracket, and the driver bottom seat bracket.

What I'm wondering is, if I purchase this OEM part, can I then literally remove and replace the passenger seat bracket with it? Are the OEM driver and passenger seat bottoms identical? Are the bottoms of the seats the same? Is there any reason why the passenger seat will not fit onto this bracket because of left/right alignment?

Is there another part that I should also purchase to make it work? It looks to me that the screw locations are the same (the screws that pin the seat brackets to the floor) - but if someone who has replaced these seats before noticed a difference, please let me know as well. I'm hoping no drilling will be involved.

Anyone ever tried doing this?

slingseats.JPG

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
I have never taken them out, but the easiest way to see what you are up against would be to remove both of your seats and try putting he driver seat in the passenger side. Just judging by your diagram above, it looks like the drivers side mounts differently. You would also most likely have an issue with the seat belt mount. @Slingking would probably be able to tell you. He has installed his share of seats.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have never taken them out, but the easiest way to see what you are up against would be to remove both of your seats and try putting he driver seat in the passenger side. Just judging by your diagram above, it looks like the drivers side mounts differently. You would also most likely have an issue with the seat belt mount. @Slingking would probably be able to tell you. He has installed his share of seats.
My Sling is in a shop right now, getting a lot of mods done - which includes replacing the seats with heated ones. I'm guessing I might as well have them change the passenger brackets while they're at it.

I don't have it with me to quickly check - but are the mounts actually attached to the bottom seat brackets?

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Short answer no

Here's link to lilb93 post where he did make the seat move

Sliding Passenger seat or electric tracks for the Sling
That's a lot of work they did there - but it's a little too involving for me at this point in time. I was hoping for a quick fix that my installers can try out whilst they're putting in my heated seats.

I'm curious - what's the "long answer" as to why the driver bracket can't be put on the passenger side? The bottom section of the seat seems pretty much the same to me, save for the sliding part.

What about the frames prevents someone from detaching the back section of the passenger frame from the bottom bracket, and screwing it onto the bottom frame of a driver seat bracket, and then bolting them to the passenger side?

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Seat frames and mounting points are different for passenger and driver, they don't interchange. The passenger seat can be moved forward a couple inches which will allow it to recline a little and make some storage room behind the seat. Not expensive and easy to install.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Seat frames and mounting points are different for passenger and driver, they don't interchange. The passenger seat can be moved forward a couple inches which will allow it to recline a little and make some storage room behind the seat. Not expensive and easy to install.
Can it be moved forward without any additional hardware (ie - does this simply involve loosening the base of the seat bracket and sliding it forward, and then re-tightening it)?

·
Registered
139 Posts
Can it be moved forward without any additional hardware (ie - does this simply involve loosening the base of the seat bracket and sliding it forward, and then re-tightening it)?
I have @Red relocation brackets and is a noticeable difference. there has been many discussions about a movable seat bracket over the last yr 1/2 if you search passenger seat you'll find all kinds of post to go thru.

·
Registered
827 Posts
Just tell your passenger to shut up, hold on and enjoy the full back position. Does somebody need less foot room? No.
The loss of leg room was much appreciated even by my 6' buddy in order to recline to a more comfortable position. Worth every penny spent for the relocation bracket kit. Don't be so cold to your passengers!

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Just tell your passenger to shut up, hold on and enjoy the full back position. Does somebody need less foot room? No.
The inability to tilt backwards (because it's pretty much all the way to the back), justifies losing a little legroom in my book.

The loss of leg room was much appreciated even by my 6' buddy in order to recline to a more comfortable position. Worth every penny spent for the relocation bracket kit. Don't be so cold to your passengers!
Agreed. I'd also give up some leg room just so that i can incline a little bit

·
Registered
2,455 Posts
Hey man, you want to ride in my SS shut up and hang on. It's not a Lexus, it's a turbocharged 1750 lbs legal go-cart. :)

Next thing you know if I do that said passenger would be bitching about smelling like burnt rubber and I'd have to undo their seat belt and flip them out onto the pavement while still maintaining control of the SS. :)

How about I install back massagers in the seats like my GF's car has too? LOL

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hey man, you want to ride in my SS shut up and hang on. It's not a Lexus, it's a turbocharged 1750 lbs legal go-cart. :)

Next thing you know if I do that said passenger would be bitching about smelling like burnt rubber and I'd have to undo their seat belt and flip them out onto the pavement while still maintaining control of the SS. :)

How about I install back massagers in the seats like my GF's car has too? LOL
Personally, I wouldn't be having another man on the passenger seat - that's not how I roll. This is strictly to keep the girls happy ;)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts