Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Inevitable question, I'm sure. Someone told me once, "I'd no more let someone take my motorcycle for a ride than I'd let them take my girlfriend for a ride."

Where do you stand on this?

I know some people I'd probably hand the keys to... others I wouldn't. And yes, it's a popularity contest.

Haven't looked into the insurance implications, though...

·
Registered
183 Posts
I can already tell that I will have this problem with co-workers and friends.
Like you said. There might be a couple I would let and the rest I would not.
More then likely I would just take them for a ride, rather then just letting them
take it out. But I agree! It will be a for sure question you will have to deal with.

·
Registered
843 Posts
In the world of T-Rex we have a "law not written"...NO ONE DRIVE MY T-REX(except wife/girlfriend) My own brother seat at my right...but not drive!

There is always someone who want to see how it rolls ... to play the fool and risk an accident ... it's happened several times has owners of T-Rex in the early years of the T-Rex and since we do let anyone drive more!

·
Registered
438 Posts
HAHAHAHAHA, I will be laughing so hard I will not be able to get the keys out of my pocket, so no drive for you!!!

·
Registered
620 Posts
Got few people I would let drive it with me in it .# 1 was best man at 3 of my weddings so it would be hard to tell him no on just about any thing after that , maybe my son and very very close family .

·
Registered
47 Posts
My bikes I'll only let a select few ride them and only because I've ridden with them for a while a trust them and their riding skills. The SS on the other hand, most likely not unless she is hot and it increases my chances.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I'll probably say yes to my dad or brother in law, or a size DD.
My dad, definite "no". He misses little things like red lights.

My wife, for sure... or else I can't have it! (doesn't pass the DD test, but for her I'll make the exception).

The owner at work is a probable -- he's excited about this, would be trustworthy behind the wheel, and is more than "good for it".

Son-in-law is the other person I have in mind... if he's even interested. Haven't mentioned this to him yet.

Other than this short list, everyone else I'm thinking of would fall into the "I'll take you for a short ride" category or the "get your own" category.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts