Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
4,905 Posts
Hello BKL
I had the restricter chains set to the same as the one pictured. This was actually too restricted as I had removed the aluminum strip on the cradle and added 80 grit tread self stick strips. On the very top of the cradle where the ratchets are mounted, the tire had turned a little further than the cradle, due to the restricted chains. Just so you know, this was a standard RH turn from my driveway to the street. I even drove into the other lane. Still waiting on 2” wheel spacers
I wonder if it might have had something to do with the entry angle from your driveway to the street?
I'm still hoping to get my Slingshot back on the road soon and hopefully finally get to try using the tow dolly on a test run.
Do you have the "curved" tubing instead of the angle iron between the front and rear of the cradle? I have the early design that just had a smooth cradle. Good idea about the self-stick grip tape.
Good luck resolving the rubbing issue.

·
Registered
4,905 Posts
@GA Slinger, I came across a post on a different forum where a tow dolly user also experienced some rubbing of the dolly w/14" wheels, but not fenders, against the Slingshot rear tub/body.
Here's his post - "I've had the tow dolly for a couple years and used it to take our Sling to the Slingshots Uncorked and Mayhem in the Mountains events. Worked flawlessly. Mine has 14" wheels and no fenders. I did have the trailer tire rub the side of my Sling one time, even with the chains adjusted properly. It happened due to a combination of a rather tight turn onto a pretty steep off-angled apron entrance from the road. I was actually expecting the rub to have been worse, but the chains must have done the best they could in the situation. Under normal conditions, I've had zero issues. We love our dolly and no complaints!!!"

21 - 22 of 22 Posts