Polaris Slingshot Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So we’ve got a 2018 SLR that we LOVE the lime squeeze. Is it possible to put the body parts on a 2021 SL? Has anyone done this?

·
Registered
5,446 Posts
There are some differences in parts totals between the 2 model years, but a quick glance at the accent panels shows similar part numbers for the basic non-painted parts. Check out both parts diagrams and decide for yourself, but I would think that Polaris didn't change much simply because the lines have pretty much stayed the same and Polaris changes have been typically aimed at weight reduction.
2018 Hood Parts Diagram - 2018 Polaris SLINGSHOT ALL OPTIONS (T18AAPF/AARF/AASF) Body, Hood & Fender Asm. All Options | Cheap Cycle Parts
2021 Hood parts Diagram - 2021 Polaris SLINGSHOT R/S/SL/SP AUTODRIVE ALL OPTIONS (T21AAPHD/RHB/SHD/THD) Body, Hood All Options | Cheap Cycle Parts
The hood substructure has the same part number for both model years, so I'd assume the colored panels should have the same mounting points between both model years. To be safe, verify that each colored panel that you'd want to swap over have the same basic part numbers for each model year, but my cursory glance would seem to say that the parts are indeed interchangeable. Verify for yourself as I am NOT guaranteeing that the parts can be swapped! :unsure:

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There are some differences in parts totals between the 2 model years, but a quick glance at the accent panels shows similar part numbers for the basic non-painted parts. Check out both parts diagrams and decide for yourself, but I would think that Polaris didn't change much simply because the lines have pretty much stayed the same and Polaris changes have been typically aimed at weight reduction.
2018 Hood Parts Diagram - 2018 Polaris SLINGSHOT ALL OPTIONS (T18AAPF/AARF/AASF) Body, Hood & Fender Asm. All Options | Cheap Cycle Parts
2021 Hood parts Diagram - 2021 Polaris SLINGSHOT R/S/SL/SP AUTODRIVE ALL OPTIONS (T21AAPHD/RHB/SHD/THD) Body, Hood All Options | Cheap Cycle Parts
The hood substructure has the same part number for both model years, so I'd assume the colored panels should have the same mounting points between both model years. To be safe, verify that each colored panel that you'd want to swap over have the same basic part numbers for each model year, but my cursory glance would seem to say that the parts are indeed interchangeable. Verify for yourself as I am NOT guaranteeing that the parts can be swapped! :unsure:
Thanks man! I got the hood switched, however, the latch/release from the 2018 is directly above the light so I may need to remove that. Got too tired last night and went to bed before I attempted that. Thank you for the resources!

·
Registered
5,446 Posts
Thanks man! I got the hood switched, however, the latch/release from the 2018 is directly above the light so I may need to remove that. Got too tired last night and went to bed before I attempted that. Thank you for the resources!
Sorry about the latch position change. I thought I had read something about that, but I guess I forgot.
Did you transplant the entire hood subframe and color pieces? If the 2018 color pieces will fit the new subframe, which I think they will since the part numbers are the same, then you may not need to move the latch release, although it will be more work and freeing the tabs that hold the accent pieces to the front edge of the hood is a PITA!

·
Registered
160 Posts
JAX- Check the conversion kits. I seem to remember reading about the hood latch and an extension kit that moves latch lever to a position "below" the center lights. I may be wrong but you might want to research it. Send pict when you get it figured out and moved.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
JAX- Check the conversion kits. I seem to remember reading about the hood latch and an extension kit that moves latch lever to a position "below" the center lights. I may be wrong but you might want to research it. Send pict when you get it figured out and moved.
Will do!!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts