Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Those on the Forum from Indiana or Maryland, please PM me as I have helpful information concerning how we can so our part to help our DMV / POLARIS problem.

If you have reserved a Slingshot and are from these states, or if you are from neighboring states and plan to travel through WE NEED YOUR HELP!

Those unfamiliar with the problem, please read the Extremely Bummed Out right now Thread.

I will respond to you within 24 hours!

·
Registered
2,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Maybe a stupid question at this time, but I am confused, first time today too, but I just got up 15 mins ago. But....if Indiana and Maryland aren't recognizing the SS as a motorcycle, does that mean that the rest of us with legally registered SS's from other states can't ride in these two states? According to the AMA, both states "Accept Motorcycle Endorsement From Other States". Any ideas?
It is not a 'driver's license' issue but a legal vehicle one. This may very well affect owners driving the SS through those states. This could be a BIG problem. I'm sure that this will be worked out but if units are sold in KY and stopped in IN until this is resolved, there will be a lot of problems!

·
Registered
2,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have DIRECT information concerning the problem of Indiana...... But what about Maryland? DOES ANYONE KNOW THAT THE SS HAS NOT BEEN APPROVED FOR SALE OR REGISTRATION THERE???

·
Registered
2,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Not sure what is happening in Maryland. Could be totally unrelated to this topic so I will be concentrating on Indiana alone.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Great, I DO hope this all gets straightened out immediately for all those concerned. Especially those of you who are being penalized because of "bureaucratic BS". Best of luck my friend!!!

·
Registered
2,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I am in maryland , put money down. What seems to be the problem and how can I help
Finally !!!! Someone from Maryland! Please post information on your Dealer / State and possible registration problems that may or may not exist. You may also want to read the Thread 'Extremely Bummed Out Right Now'.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I did read it. My dealer in my state is Pete cycle on Belair rd. they are taking deposits, I found there price about 1400 too high so I put my deposit down at ridersville in west va

·
Registered
2,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Nobody in maryland has one yet, and my dealer in wv does not have any either
There are posts concerning Maryland not Certifying the SS so Registration would be impossible. Indiana Dealers have been informed that Indiana has not Certified the SS and they cannot sell nor receive the SS which is a HUGE problem here. We as a group are trying to help any State that has not / will not Certify the SS to get it legal to ride in ALL STATES IN THE US!

Could it be that Indiana is the only state or is Maryland just quiet.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I heard that the can am spyder took a couple months to get approved in md. I would imagine they will approve it. But it might be jan 2015

·
Registered
15 Posts
In Indiana the issue is the code requires that motorcycles have handle bars. There was a resolution introduced last session to look at the 3 wheeled vehicles in regards to the drivers licence. A simple fix would be having a line added to the code for 3 wheeled vehicles allowing them to have a steering wheel. They must have missed this when they approved the T-Rex and Stallion. Don't expect the email and letter thing to work! Get out and personally discuss this with your state representatives. Talk in a language they understand.$$$! They do not care that you cannot buy a SS,but they do care that they are loosing revenue and the State economy may be loosing out as well when the dealers do not expand. Sugar coat your story. Exaggerate the amount of money that will not be injected in to the economy by the expansions that will not happen.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts