Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
We are just asking this just in fun since we live just north of the California border, where when we hear about a ride being organized in NORTHERN" California this sounds great! But to folks in California "NORTHERN" obviously means something very different for when we look at a California map, even though the San Fransisco area appears to us to be way down there closer to the central part of the state, Californians reference this area as "NORTHERN" California? Now, to us here in southern Oregon, examples of "NORTHERN" California brings to mind Eureka, Arcata, Crescent City, Redding, or other like located communities? So, for future understanding, when referencing rides being organized in "NORTHERN" California, as far as Californians are concerned, this infers to everything north of what, Los Angeles? :)

Bill

·
Registered
380 Posts
Yeah, that map is about how I figure it here in SoCal. 1/3 the area, 2/3 the people for the South.
If you divide it into 3 parts, Central California would be everything from Fresno, north to San Francisco.

·
Registered
753 Posts
Yeah, that makes is about how i figure it here in SoCal. 1/3 the area, 2/3 the people for the South.
If you divide it into 3 parts, Central California would be everything from Fresno, north to San Francisco.
Don't forget what Norcalers always complain about, Norcal has 75% of the water in the state and SoCal uses 80% of the water of the state. Be nice to us or we'll turnoff the spigot.:)

·
Registered
112 Posts
I'm a former Redding resident who was born and reared in Los Angeles and it is true, most Californians don't realize that there is another half of the state above San Francisco. A beautiful area with lots of good areas to ride, two wheels or three.

I'm looking forward to riding the Slingshot from Monterey to Redding, once I talk the wife into it. It might be a little rough up to Vacaville, because of trafffic, but the ride on Highway 505 and I-5 north of 505 should be a lot of fun. I've made the ride on two wheels many times but not yet in the SS.

·
Registered
753 Posts
I'm a former Redding resident who was born and reared in Los Angeles and it is true, most Californians don't realize that there is another half of the state above San Francisco. A beautiful area with lots of good areas to ride, two wheels or three.

I'm looking forward to riding the Slingshot from Monterey to Redding, once I talk the wife into it. It might be a little rough up to Vacaville, because of trafffic, but the ride on Highway 505 and I-5 north of 505 should be a lot of fun. I've made the ride on two wheels many times but not yet in the SS.
So true. I have on my bucket list the Redwood Highway. I hope the front end fits through the Redwoods.:)
Drive Through a Redwood

1 - 8 of 8 Posts