Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What quotes are you guys seeing here in California? Everything I have checked is crazy high, I'm paying $160 per month right now with Foremost Insurance.

·
Registered
753 Posts
What quotes are you guys seeing here in California? Everything I have checked is crazy high, I'm paying $160 per month right now with Foremost Insurance.
Insurance rates are based on insurance scores. Each insurance company has their own scoring system similar to credit score companies. Your rate is based on your score, eligible discounts and coverage amounts which makes it hard to compare. See:
Progressive Auto Insurance - An Introduction

There's a relatively new company out of San Francisco that charges monthly by the mile, Metromile Metromile: Pay-per-mile insurance. I plan on checking thrm out for the SS when I come up for renewal. Not sure if they insure SSs.
I am currently insured with Allstate, my yearly premium is $563 per year.

·
Registered
4,618 Posts
Check with Dan the Slingshot insurance man

Dan Herrera
TWFG Insurance Services
(832) 364-6630 phone
(832) 412-3195facsimile
[email protected]
www.buymotorcycleinsurance.com

He is out of Houston, TX and can wright insurance across state lines....He saved me a considerable amount ... and I started out with much less than any number mention here....

·
Registered
40 Posts
We live in Central Valley, have 3 vechiles with State Farm.
the sling shot portion of premium is $32 per month = $384/yr

we used to have Geico for 10+ years. 3 years ago when we got the SS, Geico wanted $3000 per yr for just the Slingshot.

we ran to State Farm and moved all policies to them.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Maybe something wrong with your rating, or your zip code.
Foremost for me in San Bernardino county is $600/yr.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What are your deductibles/coverage? Cheapest quote was with that guy Dan but it was still $1500 per year!

Can I contact your agent?

·
Registered
361 Posts
allstate is the preferred insurance that Polaris recommends ....but that being said I heard of cheaper quotes...I'm in L.A. county and its $702 a year....if I pay by the month it's $63.50....check them out.....good luck

·
Registered
380 Posts
Talk to Liz Gourley at

Gourley Insurance Agency, Inc
221 East Matilija St. Suite B
Ojai, CA 93023
(805) 640-1604
(800) 444-7014

Tell them Darrell Degner sent you and I get a Starbucks card.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I just got my Slingshot. 2017. I am floored at the rate Progressive gave me, for myself, husband, and son. $6000 a year!!! We are all good drivers, no tickets or accidents. Saying goodbye to progressive.

·
Registered
19 Posts
$564 for how long? A year? I went online to get a quote from Allstate and they were still a lot more than Geico. I forgot exactly what the quote was.

·
Registered
753 Posts
$564 for how long? A year? I went online to get a quote from Allstate and they were still a lot more than Geico. I forgot exactly what the quote was.
For a year. The problem with comparing insurance quotes is that your cost is based on your insurance score and coverage. Insurance scores are based on a number of factors, e.g credit score, and each insurance company has their own methodology. Your best bet is to just shop around until you find the least expensive. I got a $6,000 quote for just me from one company.

·
Registered
164 Posts
A lot more goes into an insurance quote than just your name and the type of vehicle. What is your age, male or female, married or single, what does your driving history show, and another important piece is your credit score. All of these things play in so if you are a 22 yr old single male with 5 or 6 tickets and mediocre credit then you are going to get crushed.

·
Registered
19 Posts
UPDATE:
I contacted Dan Herrera listed above. He took a lot of time with me, and I would up getting ins for my Slingshot and my XP1000 for $1200 a year through Progressive.
I had contacted Progressive myself and they quoted me $6000 a year!!
The difference Dan made was since I am the primary driver, my husband will almost never drive it, and my son only occasionally, they were not rated on the policy. When I contacted Progressive myself, they did not offer me this option, even when I balked at their price.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I went through the same thing a month ago, and Allstate ended up being the least expensive for me, at around $1000/year, 36 year old married male with no at-fault accidents. I do need fairly high coverage due to the vehicle being financed.

Throughout my research, I have encountered at least one outrageous quote at over $20k/year, several around $10k-12k/year. eSurance stood out in the crowd because it initially quoted me $31/month, but jumped up to $180/month after "recalculation" when I try to finalize the policy.

It definitely looks like people are having different outcomes based on their specific driving record and demographics. I talked to Dan as well, and he couldn't beat AllState's quote.

Given the small sample pool, and widely varying results, I think the best way is still to get a quote from everyone/anyone you can think of, and go from there.

Peter

·
Registered
12 Posts
I think where you live is also a major factor. Here in the metro area of southern California, planning to put 20k miles a year on the SS, with 100/300k limit, it's bound to be expensive.

Point is that each insurance company seems to evaluate each piece of information in a different way, resulting in very different quotes, so getting a few quotes is the suggestion.

Peter

·
Registered
4,618 Posts
I've said it several times...Check with Dan
Check with Dan the Slingshot insurance man

Dan Herrera
TWFG Insurance Services
(832) 364-6630 phone
(832) 412-3195facsimile
[email protected]
www.buymotorcycleinsurance.com

He is out of Houston, TX and can wright insurance across state lines....He saved me a considerable amount ... and I started out with much less than any number mention here....

1 - 20 of 22 Posts