Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
I have rented high end cars for 800-1200 a day. It is a small price to pay for a very fun day. 300 for a sling for the open air on vacation I think is a decent deal. I do agree with the dude when he says some dealers are just out to screw the customer. I feel this is the dealer close to me - they charge 125 an hour for labor but there is no loaner, seating area or nothing. They charge you 2000 for deliver and 500 for prep. They have slingshot from 2017 sitting there but do not want to deal on them. They wanted to charge me 400 for my 5,000 service.

I drove my SS 25 miles to another place and it was 150. Also, they just seem much kinder and willing you. One example is purchased my sling used so I do not have the key with the silver emblem. The dealer I purchased from has been attempting to get me a new key for just about a year. I asked the dealer I went to for the 5000 service and they ordered me two on the spot.

·
Registered
589 Posts
I have rented high end cars for 800-1200 a day. It is a small price to pay for a very fun day. 300 for a sling for the open air on vacation I think is a decent deal. I do agree with the dude when he says some dealers are just out to screw the customer. I feel this is the dealer close to me - they charge 125 an hour for labor but there is no loaner, seating area or nothing. They charge you 2000 for deliver and 500 for prep. They have slingshot from 2017 sitting there but do not want to deal on them. They wanted to charge me 400 for my 5,000 service.

I drove my SS 25 miles to another place and it was 150. Also, they just seem much kinder and willing you. One example is purchased my sling used so I do not have the key with the silver emblem. The dealer I purchased from has been attempting to get me a new key for just about a year. I asked the dealer I went to for the 5000 service and they ordered me two on the spot.
I thought about buying a few to rent them out too. Here in NJ the problem is many people will steal them, strip them or just destroy and the loss would outweigh the gain. Houston has it down very well and he is dealing in high tourist areas with more desirable clients. I could see the shore area in NJ working well.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts