Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just ordered a SS helmet through your site. I'll probably test ride it on my Harley.

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
I got it! Thank you so much! I will get it processed today.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Just ordered a SS helmet through your site. I'll probably test ride it on my Harley.
Let us know what you thought of it after testing it out.
Would like to know more real world use. Front chin air vent. Non adjustable. Opinion on this matter.
Thanks

·
Registered
146 Posts
Does anyone else think of Dale Earnhardt Sr and breaking their neck and being strapped in without a Hans device? That is the reason I'm going with a very light helmet when I have to.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Does anyone else think of Dale Earnhardt Sr and breaking their neck and being strapped in without a Hans device? That is the reason I'm going with a very light helmet when I have to.
Damn, never thought of that. Could there be a way to tether the helmet to the seat? As long as you use the seat belt, you should be OK?

·
Registered
396 Posts
I'm looking forward to hearing what you think of it also.

I haven't shopped for a helmet in several years and after trying on a couple dozen I'm more confused than ever. In some a Large seems to fit fairly well and in others including the SS the size can range all the way up to a 2XL. Some are more oval while others are rounder. Other than trying on every helmet I can find does anyone hove any advise on finding the right size? Kip?

Not intending to hijack the thread, if this needs to be moved into a different thread let me know.

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
Other than trying on every helmet I can find does anyone hove any advise on finding the right size? Kip?
You'll want to visit your local dealer first and learn your size that way. When you try on the helmet, make sure it fits snug, but comfortable, and when you shake your head back and forth, it's not too loose.
The Slingshot helmet is a bit more expensive compared to other entry helmets you can buy right now, but in terms of comfort and weight, customers who have tried it on have said it fits very well and it is very lightweight due to the carbon fiber shell (which also looks great!).

Reactions: C.G

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
Thanks! :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts