Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From what the girl from the dealership, on here Jazmine Nichols, told me they are getting two SLs. I'm first in line...for the base model. I have cash in hand, chomping at the bit. I want my baby! What was that 'next delivery deadline' again???

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
The base delivery date is really something that is I believe something of a unicorn. I'm hearing some dealers announcing dates, some dealers saying they have no clue, and others spouting dates.

BUT there are some base models in CO and one other state based on something posted earlier today.

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
They're out there. We saw some on a truck!

Reactions: xtreme2424

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah. I was also a bit perplexed, because, at first, I was told there would be one of each and both would be demos, but not long after she was kind enough to let me know that it was different than that. I just wanna know when a second shipment is going to arrive. I seriously have almost $23k cash in hand, and that's on top of my $1k deposit. I'm almost literally throwing my freakin' money at them! What more do they want?!

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's getting so cold. It's like 25 degrees here tonight! I'm from Florida! I don't like having to wear 10 layers to ride my motorcycle! Just give me my Slingshot!

There. There's your commercial. No need to keep demos on the showroom floor.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm so envious. If my dealer called me right now and said to come pick it up, I would wake my dad up and have him drive me on the back of his motorcycle an entire hour just to drive my SS home!

·
Registered
192 Posts
I put my deposit down in July. Had the check since Sept. supposed to be in the 40s this weekend. Come on Polaris.

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
From what the girl from the dealership, on here Jazmine Nichols, told me they are getting two SLs. I'm first in line...for the base model. I have cash in hand, chomping at the bit. I want my baby! What was that 'next delivery deadline' again???

Right before I canceled with the Miami dealer, the owner called Polaris and was told December 12 for the next shipment.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I got the Gerbing power outlet adapter, heated jacket liner, heated pants liner and heated gloves plus a full face helmet. Now,,just call me so I can go get it. I agree with MitchS, 9 degrees or not,,,I am riding it home.
Tom

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
I ordered a base with upgrades, the dealer told me they were doing the upgrades at the dealership when it comes in.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Last time I called Polaris Customer Service, she told me they were making 4 SL for every 1 base. I didn't like that because I am getting a base also!

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
Maybe these are the loaded base models and that is why some have shipped. Theres no pattern to this.
I ordered a base with upgrades, the dealer told me they were doing the upgrades at the dealership when it comes in.
Yes, the dealer installs all the 'loaded' goodies themselves.

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
FYI for those upgrading the wheels, you bought both sets so the dealer should be giving you the takeoffs.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yeah, so I rode down there today and it's confirmed; my dealer is getting two SLs in the first shipment. I've read most of the material discussing the third delivery, but can someone refresh my memory; If the first two are SLs, will the third be a base? It seemed like the first two will be sold (one to the general manager and another to a customer I think), so with the automatic replenishment, would they ship my base, or just two more SLs?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts