Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm bummed too cause I'm seeing dealerships getting SS's that haven't been sold to early depositors. Meanwhile some states, mostly northern, haven't even gotten a delivery yet, whether they were 1st tier or not. So in my case I'm looking at getting mine mid January even thou I've had a deposit down since the first of August. I sure hope I'm wrong on when I get it though.
Just no sense to this madness of delivery on Polaris's part.

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
I'm bummed too cause I'm seeing dealerships getting SS's that haven't been sold to early depositors. Meanwhile some states, mostly northern, haven't even gotten a delivery yet, whether they were 1st tier or not. So in my case I'm looking at getting mine mid January even thou I've had a deposit down since the first of August. I sure hope I'm wrong on when I get it though.
I'll drink to that, hell they had to go right thru KY to get to some of those deliveries south of here.....o_O

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
So what do we have so far, 5 or 6 deliveries so far? Polaris must be using the slowest trucks on earth.

Still no call from my dealer...

·
Registered
557 Posts
No SS in NC yet to my knowledge and they had to go thru NC to get to FL.

·
Registered
290 Posts
I have deliveries all around me......Still no call.....have $$$$ ready to go since August......:rage::rage: why...:arghh::arghh::arghh:. It wiil come next week when I have a full work load with no time to get it :banghead::banghead::banghead: Please come Friday or saterday Polaris sub contracted truck driver's.

·
Registered
5,295 Posts
No SS in NC yet to my knowledge and they had to go thru NC to get to FL.
I feel your pain. I'm here in Fl and see there are other dealers already having their first two sold and delivered, and mine still hasn't got any vin or delivery dates yet. he's a tier one dealer and I'm #2 for an SL and no clue if it's a Christmas present or 4th of July parade present. Whatever the truth is, I wish they'd just come out and tell us. I can deal with a disappointment in the date; just can't put up with not knowing what to expect until it's here. Almost like waiting for the first born, but without having had the pleasure of the experience 9 months earlier!!!

·
ALPHA - Home of the V8 Slingshot
3,162 Posts
I hear ya all, Im wanting to be in my home in SW Florida and just waiting in all this damm snow for the SS to arrive and I will head south like the geese..

·
Registered
776 Posts
I agree , I put my deposit down in early Aug. Looks like it will be next year before I get mine. This whole deal has just been a fiasco .

·
Registered
5 Posts
Yeah thus far I've talked to three dealers in Oklahoma that have received their first deliveries. I think all three had both SS's come in the upgraded red versus any base. Wonder if they're focusing on the South in anticipation of it being "warmer" down here so people will actually be able to use them/post videos?

·
Registered
5,295 Posts
I feel your pain. I'm here in Fl and see there are other dealers already having their first two sold and delivered, and mine still hasn't got any vin or delivery dates yet. he's a tier one dealer and I'm #2 for an SL and no clue if it's a Christmas present or 4th of July parade present. Whatever the truth is, I wish they'd just come out and tell us. I can deal with a disappointment in the date; just can't put up with not knowing what to expect until it's here. Almost like waiting for the first born, but without having had the pleasure of the experience 9 months earlier!!!
I guess it worked!!! All I had to do was vent my anger on this foruma nd the gods heard me. My dealer just called and they are getting two sl'd tomorrow and I'm #2 on the list. BUT, they decided to keep one as a demo for themselves, meaning I had to wait for round two UNTIL they called #1 to tell him it was coming in. he's not able to get it, so I moved up to number one!!! I have the vin, called the indurance agent and should be riding tomorrow. WAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

·
Registered
776 Posts
Well , at this point I really don't care. The weather here is cold . So if I get the SS in Jan. Feb . March, or even April. It doesn't really matter. It's just a long way from the Oct. delivery that I was given from Polaris when I ordered the SS . This has really tainted my opinion of Polaris. I typically buy from Japan or Europe. I had really hoped that Polaris would change my opinion of "American Made" . So far , NOT SO GOOD !!!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts