Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

121 - 134 of 134 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
I've had this insert installed for about a month now. As far as heat reduction, I haven't seen much difference as the muffler I have cut it down considerably already. I will say that the air flow seems to be fairly improved. The hood doesn't seem to pull and flex at high speeds on the freeway anymore. Like mentioned above, there is no impact to heat or exhaust flowing over the windshiled into the cockpit at all.

One thing I'd recommend is taking a moment to paint the hardware.. The silver just stuck out like a sore thumb. A quick primer shot and gloss back helped hide them. Not a big deal, but worth the small effort.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg

·
Registered
619 Posts
I've had this insert installed for about a month now. As far as heat reduction, I haven't seen much difference as the muffler I have cut it down considerably already. I will say that the air flow seems to be fairly improved. The hood doesn't seem to pull and flex at high speeds on the freeway anymore. Like mentioned above, there is no impact to heat or exhaust flowing over the windshiled into the cockpit at all.

One thing I'd recommend is taking a moment to paint the hardware.. The silver just stuck out like a sore thumb. A quick primer shot and gloss back helped hide them. Not a big deal, but worth the small effort.

View attachment 56519 View attachment 56520
I know it was mentioned before in this thread, but can you confirm that the Bullet Red color is an exact match to the Polaris Indy Red accents on the LE?

·
Registered
619 Posts
One more thing....

Has anyone done this color combo....if so, can you post a pic?:

Bullet Red (Polaris Indy Red) frame with Pearl Black louvers and Bullet Red (Polaris Indy Red) rivets and washers.

I am looking for a smaller (under-stated) splash of Indy Red and thought this combo might look good on the Pearl Black LE.

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
I'll be able to post my black/red rivet insert on my Pearl White SE in a few days.Basically the same as NucitoutSS above but black and I removed the "SLINGSHOT" hood decals.

·
Read Only
0 Posts
I'll be able to post my black/red rivet insert on my Pearl White SE in a few days.Basically the same as NucitoutSS above but black and I removed the "SLINGSHOT" hood decals.
If you don't mind me asking how'd you remove the lettering? Was it difficult and was there any residue to mess with?

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
If you don't mind me asking how'd you remove the lettering? Was it difficult and was there any residue to mess with?
Piece of cake. Very gently lift them with your fingernail and use a little purpose built adhesive remover (gentle stuff) then re-wax. Make sure everything is clean before you start. You don't want to scratch the paint due to dirt.

They are probably the easiest decals to remove I have ever dealt with. Some can be a real pain and require a hair dryer or light heat gun. These did not. If they are a little stubborn just hit them lightly with a hair dryer. Do NOT use any type of device like a razor or knife.

IMO it looks much better without the tacky and huge SLINGSHOT on the hood. Really cleans up the look. Just my personal opinion/taste though.

·
Read Only
0 Posts
Piece of cake. Very gently lift them with your fingernail and use a little purpose built adhesive remover (gentle stuff) then re-wax. Make sure everything is clean before you start. You don't want to scratch the paint due to dirt.

They are probably the easiest decals to remove I have ever dealt with. Some can be a real pain and require a hair dryer or light heat gun. These did not. If they are a little stubborn just hit them lightly with a hair dryer. Do NOT use any type of device like a razor or knife.

IMO it looks much better without the tacky and huge SLINGSHOT on the hood. Really cleans up the look. Just my personal opinion/taste though.
Terrific! Thank you my friend

121 - 134 of 134 Posts