Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 134 Posts

·
Hold my beer and watch this!
1,319 Posts
The two mounting points are shown in the pictures. From the top you can see the red washer around the screw head. From underneath you can see the 2 torx bolts (silver).

·
Super Moderator
2,951 Posts
Bob,

@Orangeman is right, that needs to be a hex-keyed flat head screw like on top. Plastic hoods flex and change position with heat.

@Bob Runman, can we get a few shots of the vent openings (and maybe a black vent on a red Slingshot?)

I like this alot though, but at the same time, rain or when washing will allow water to go thru and fill up the plug/coil pockets etc right?
If parked and uncovered, yes. I believe there is only a potential problem upon engine cool-down, where the water could be pulled in. Otherwise it should be the same as if rain splashed up while driving.

·
2,333 Posts

3/8 of a inch clearance right there, the bolt does not rub. Shipped vents will include button head screws for the bottom side.
Just a freindly heads up....you may have clearance on that particular SLingshot but many do not, with some even as stock the mounting screw for the OEM vent rubs on the valve cover...... mine did.....

Warned a vendor who does coated valve covers, they ignored it and made a bunch of sarcastic remarks...it came back to bite them in the arse .........

Hood rubbing valve cover

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
Just a freindly heads up....you may have clearance on that particular SLingshot but many do not, with some even as stock the mounting screw for the OEM vent rubs on the valve cover...... mine did.....

Warned a vendor who does coated valve covers, they ignored it and made a bunch of sarcastic remarks...it came back to bite them in the arse .........

Hood rubbing valve cover

Agreed, no clearance on mine, had immediate rub marks after installing newly painted valve cover which identified 0 clearance.

·
Slingshot SL "KEEP OFF"
756 Posts
Really like this vented hood insert and plan on purchasing if the included button head screws will not interfere with the valve cover.......Been through that with the stock screw....Do we just call the # to place an order....? Build Time....?

IMG_2379.jpg

·
Vendor
630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Really like this vented hood insert and plan on purchasing if the included button head screws will not interfere with the valve cover.......Been through that with the stock screw....Do we just call the # to place an order....? Build Time....?

View attachment 42470
Here it is shown with a 6mm flat head screw. We will be changing the size to 5mm flat heat screw on the production units. We are running 100 units now and we will be shipping these orders early next week.
hood vent screw.JPG
call me to place the order we except paypal or all major CC 727-809-3256

·
Slingshot SL "KEEP OFF"
756 Posts
Spoke with Bob and ordered one up........Very accommodating with a couple of requests I had with hardware and color................. Said he should have it headed out to me in a week .............:) Great customer service.......Will post a short review when I receive and install......:)

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
Like it.. I have been making my own version with 1/8" aluminum plates. Just working through the the clearance issue as well. It is a real problem that not all SS suffer from. Mine is very close.

Nice looking hood candy.

1 - 20 of 134 Posts